51

"There is a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child that never comes."~David plan

The last 2 months flew by in a blue. I've been getting well acquainted with the house, neigborhood and focusing on my family. Well mainly Scarlett. Emilio is working on his first buisness deal. He's been hauled at the office that he newly bought and in his home office for the last 2 months. He gets Scarlett at night when I'm sleeping and as much as he can throughout the day. Romance is put on hold for now. He's too busy lately. I'm not upset in happy for him. The business is up and running and he's safe with this job. It's all i could really ask for. Scarlett is sleeping in the basinett conveniently placed in the living room beside the couch. While she's in there I tidy up the living waiting for my long time best friend felicity. Just as infinish putting the last of the start books away the door bell rings. With a big smile on my face I go over to the door and open it revealing a beeming fel. 

"Hey!" She says happily while pulling me into a hug.

"Hey come in." I smile as I allow her in.

Once she's in i lead her into the living room. When I turn and look at her I see her mouth agape as she ooks around the spacious room. I grown confused.

"What?" I say catching her attention.

"Holy hell! This place is a fucking mansion." She breathes while looking at me shocked.

I blush. "Emilio chose it. I still can't believe how well he did on it. He furnished it all."

"It's beautiful" she breathes.

"Thank you. Do you want anything to drink?" I question.

"Sure what do you have?" She asks while sitting down on the plush grey couch.

"Apple and orange juice, wine, coffee, tea, milk, and soda I'm pretty sure" I say listing the contents of our fully stocked kitchen.

"Tea" she smiles.

I nod and go over to the fresh hot tea pot and pour us both two cups of hot steaming tea with 2 sugars. I come back and stop in my tracks. I smile warmly as I watch her stare at Scarlett. I can see the corner of her lips turned into a smile. When I get closer. My smile drops. She looks at Scarlett with a sad smile and two tears streaking her cheeks.

I set the cups down and quickly go back to her. I place my hand hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I say quietly.

She quickly tried wiping the tears away, but more keep coming.

"Sweet heart come here. What's wrong?" I ask pulling my distraught bestfrienf into my arms. Even tho I am clueless to what's upset her.

We sit on the couch and I hold her whole she cries quietly to me.

"Talk to me. What happened?" I says gently.

She pulls away and looks past me cadeful not to look at me. She wipes her tears even though they continuously fall.

"A few weeks ago i......." She clears her throat. "I found out i was 7 weeks pregnant. I was so happy. We were so happy. Once we hit 12 weeks we thought that the critical part was over.  But it wasn't........the exact day that I hit the 12th week I ended up." She pauses and her lip quiver. "I ended up having a miscarriage." She looks down at her hands as her lip quivered on it's own accord.

I tried not to gasp. I had no idea she had been through this. I placed a hand in her shaky ones. "I am so sorry. I know nothing I do or say will change the pain your going through." I squeezed her hand.

"But that's not it." She says quietly. I frown and wait for her to continue. "I- the baby was going to be my only one. Because I can't have kids anymore." She lets out a heart wrenching sob.  I quickly pull her into my arms and rock her back and fourth gently. She clinges to me tightly letting out all the heartbreak.

I know this is ripping her apart. We always talked about getting married having children. What labor was like and how we were so excited to experience the dresses birth of our future children. This is killing her so much and I don't know if she'll ever be able to recover from this.

After a good solid 30 minutes she's no longer crying. Instead she's fallen asleep. She cried so much and so hard she tired herself out. I quickly lay her head on the couch and off my lap. I drape a blanket over her and let her sleep. I head for the bassinet and stop when I hear the front door Open. In walks Asher and Emilio laughing. I quickly put a finger over my lips causing there laughter to cease. I glance at fel causing them both to follow my gaze.

Asher is Felicitys fiancè. They've been together since they were 16. They're high school sweet hearts, and are the most beautiful couple I've ever seen. It makes me wonder why bad things happen to such good people. He looks over at her tear stained cheeks and puffy red face.

He looks at me and visibly swallows a gulp of air. His eyes become teary as he looks at his broken fiancè. Emilio looks at me confused but I don't bother to give anything away. Instead I watch her, as well with a heavy heart. A tear slips from my eye and down my cheek. I bite my lip to cease anymore. Emilio walks over to me and lifts my face. His expression becomes worrief,scared,and confused.

"Baby why are you crying?" He says quietly.

"I'll explain later." I whisper giving him a sad unreassuring smile.

I nods slowly and wipes the tear away with his thumb before he kisses my lips gently. I look over at Asher who's now beside Fel. He's sitting on the ground beside her with his head rested on hers and tears running down his face.

My heart wrenches even more and I can't watch anymore. My heart is being broken in so many pieces I never knew was possible. If anyone deserved kids it was them. They deserved kids the most. They are such beautiful,amazing people. They deserve the world. I walk over to the bassinet and lift Scarlett from it. I walk toward her room with Emilio following quickly behind me. The entire time the only thing I keep wondering is how can a perfect couple get by something so heartbreaking like This?

"If you were apart of me for just a little while. I grieve because I'll never see the magic of your smile " ~unknown

"I never got to hold you
Or bounce you on my lap.
I never got to read to you
Or watch you as you nap.
You slipped away so quickly
Before i said
your name,
And I want the world to know
I loved you just the same."~A Peterson

"I fell inlove with you when you were forming in my womb. Now I carry you in my heart instead of my arms"~unknown

A/n

I'm back for awhile guys. Sorry for such a sad chapter. Much more to come. I couldn't choose just 1 quite. They were all so sad and touching.

School has been fun. I went to a soccer game and a football game yesterday. And guess what!!!! I left my bookbag at the football game. I went back and it's gone. Filled with ALLLLLL my homework.
So yay me