Peter Parker ♡Seasonal Sadness

I love the winter for the weather and the smells; I just don't enjoy what it does to my mental health. I love watching the snow fall. I love the jumpers that are on sale and all of the Christmas lights that are up on display. I do not enjoy moving though. I do not enjoy the loneliness I feel despite the fact that I am surrounded by the people that I love. I do not enjoy the never ending pit in my stomach and the constant nagging in the back of my mind that fills my eyes and shoves a lump in my throat.

And the first day is always the hardest.

Peter, one of my closest friends, is sitting on the chair beside my desk - last time I had checked. I lie on my bed, still in my pajamas. I've been this way ever since Peter had arrived at my house this morning. He hadn't questioned it. He didn't make a rude comment or a sarcastic one. He sat down at my desk and began to explain some form of scientific theory that he had on his mind.

"Do you wanna do anything today?" He asks.

I shake my head. "I don't wanna move." I mumble. I curl myself up into a tight ball, tugging on the sleeves of my jumper before resting my head against my hands.

The side of my bed dips a little. Peter's arms wrap themselves around me. He pulls me close. My back hits his chest. I snuggle into the warmth that is radiating off of his body. I set my hands on top of his. He shifts his arms until it is now his hands that are on top of mine. They slowly manage to interlock, his thumb runs over them a little. I can feel Peter's chin rest on my shoulder. A kiss is set on the side of my head.

"If you need anything you just tell me, okay? I'll do my best to help you through this," He holds my tighter. "It's just some seasonal sadness."

"I know," I mumble. "I just hate feeling this way. I feel so slow and sluggish. Every little thing is freaking me out, and..and I hate it."

"I know," Peter mutters. "But we can stay in bed all day if you want to. We don't have to go anywhere."

I nod my head and snuggle closer into his warmth, taking my time to listen to his slow breathing before closing my eyes and falling asleep with his arms as my blanket. The last thing I feel is another kiss being set against my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to PandaExperience on deviant art