Peter parker ♡Mr. Matchmaker

Summary: You're best friends with Peter Parker, Tony meets you both, sees you're into each other and decides to play matchmaker.

Warnings: Holy fucking shit I don't think there's any swearing in this one (well I just swore then but that doesn't count....right?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by teamunderoos

You stood beside Peter in the small elevator going up to his apartment. The stressful school day was over and your backpack was full to the brim with the homework. It was nearly everyday that you two hung out after classes and today was no exception. You were friends, good friends, best friends and being Peter's best friend meant seeing him through everything, even his dumpster diving which was a regular after school occurrence.

"Can't believe that perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there" He smiled over at you.

You grinned back "Me too. I'll help you set it up and stuff but then I gotta' get home for dinner"

Peter's smile faded partially and his eyes fell to his shoes which made you furrow your brows at him. Without lifting his eyes to meet yours he began nervously twiddling the zipper of his hoodie "I was thinking..."

"That's never good" You joked and smiled once again when you saw his eyes reconnect with yours and a grin return to his face however his nervous twiddling still carried on.

"As I was saying..." He began "I was thinking maybe, um, you could stay a little longer. We could watch a DVD on this thing. I have Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on DVD, we could watch that" He lifted the old player to show what he was talking about.

You chuckled and blushed slightly at his offer then opened your mouth to reply but the elevator doors dinged open cutting you off.

"This is our floor" Peter rushed before you could finish what you'd planned to say and quickly stepped out with you following closely behind.

-------

Aunt May gave you a kind greeting the moment you walked in, as always "How was school today?" She asked as you and Peter wandered into the kitchen, Peter turned to Aunt May while you bent down to look in the fridge for a bottle of water. You couldn't see what was going on behind you but you heard Peter respond to his Aunt.

"It was okay, there's this crazy car parked outside...." He trailed off sounding a little dumbfounded "Hey Y/N, would you mind, uh, waiting in my room. Set up the DVD player or something"

That both caught your attention and confused you, so you stood up straight, closed the fridge and turned to see a shocked looking Peter staring at the man sat beside Aunt May on the couch. Mr freaking Stark.

Your eyes widened "Mr...Mr..."

"Mr. Stark" Tony said.

"Yeah, I know, kind of a big fan"

Peter nudged your shoulder with his "You can geek out later, go set up the DVD player"

"Yeah, sure" You said, still in shock as to why the Tony Stark was in Peter Parker's crappy Queens apartment.

------

You weren't sat twiddling your thumbs on Peters bed for long before Tony Stark and Peter walked in. Tony walked straight over to where Peter's Computer sat while Peter stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"What do we have here? Retro tech, huh?" Tony looked down at you "Salvation army?"

You shook your head and responded "The garbage actually"

Tony looked back over at Peter "Who's this?" He tilted his head in your direction "Spiderman's trusty sidekick"

You didn't let Peter reply to him however and stood up from the bed "I'm no one's sidekick, Mr. Stark"

"So you're his girlfriend then?" He asked, lifting his eyebrows.

Peter took a sharp intake of breath "No, uh, no it's not like that"

"Yeah, we're just friends" You were quick to back your 'just friend' up.

Tony scoffed knowingly and shot a smug look toward both you and Peter "Young love. So blind"

"What's that supposed to mean?" You asked. Tony looked even more smug at this point and walked closer to where Peter stood, speaking to him rather than you.

"When are you gonna ask the girl out, Parker?" He asked. You could hear what he was saying and Tony clearly wasn't bothered by that.

Peter awkwardly shrugged his shoulders and gave you a look that said 'help me out here' before looking back at Tony "I-I-I don't...um"

"So you don't like her?"

"What! No! I do, I really like her" He rushed out quickly.

Tony shifted his body to the side so that Peter had a clear view of you, Tony placed one hand on his shoulder and said "Don't tell that to me. Tell that to the girl"

Peter visibly took a deep breath in, he seemed to be arguing with himself in his head. But his decision was made, he shot Tony one last nervous look but Tony just returned it with a reassuring one. Then Peter spoke, this time to you "I like you Y/N. A lot. And I know you see me as a friend but there's no other girl I'd want to go rifling through dumpsters and watch Star Wars with. You're the prettiest girl I know and you're amazing"

Tony seemed pleased with himself "Call me Mr. Matchmaker from now on" then he whispered to Peter "Now ask her out"

Peter nodded quickly to Stark to show he understood then looked back at your grinning face "Do you wanna' go out some time?"

Both Peter and Mr. Stark looked at you expectantly, waiting for what you had to say and just like Peter you took a deep breath inwards before replying "Yes, a thousand times yes"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to demondsebastian on tumblr