Peter Parker♡ Awkward Genes Pt.1

"Dude, no way! I totally saw Spider-man outside my window last night!" boomed some guy a few lockers down from your own.

"No way, he was with me the whole night! He's my boyfriend, duh." answered back a pretty yet stuck-up brunette. The giggle following right after made you want to claw your eardrums out as you ravaged through your disorganized locker.

"Hey, wait... I thought I was your boyfriend," interjected another guy, possibly the actual boyfriend of the said brunette.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you shoved a few papers to the back of your locker.

'Where the heckie did my math homework go?' You grumbled softly to yourself as you made a mental list to clean out your locker sometime this week after school.

"I could've sworn I put it in here last week..." A low rumble began in your chest, moving slowly up your throat as you were about to make a noise similar to that of a walrus' mating call before a voice from behind startled you.

"Put what in here last week?"

You jumped and let out a tiny 'Oh, shit!' escape from your mouth as you turned to face the intruder. In front of you, you found (Female Friend's Name) staring at you with a skeptical look. Her eyes studied your startled face for a bit before it moved to your open locker behind you.

"Oh, my God!" she gaped, neck craning to take a better look and most likely silently judging it.

Your eyes narrowed as you tried to block her view by moving to close your locker. Math homework be damned; you'll just copy it from someone later. Right now, you had the odd feeling of defending your locker's well-being. Not that your locker said anything about you and how disorganized your life is. You just didn't like the idea of someone judging your locker just because you stuff your things during passing periods and because you forgot to take out a - what was that you had seen a few moments ago? A sandwich? You mentally smirked to yourself. When was the last time you had eaten a sandwich? Two weeks ago?

"Hey, hey... Sh." You raised a finger to your lips as you faced her again for the second time. "I can see you judging me. Stop judging me," you huffed.

"I'm not judging you! I'm just..." she didn't bother to finish her sentence seeing as you began to walk away from her, passing the same group of "popular" students that had been talking about Spider-man. Oh, and those ones were talking about the new superhero too. Aaand those ones... Basically the whole school was talking about him and how they had managed to be on the same street as Spider-man. (F's/N) caught up to you and evened her stride to yours her eyes scanning the entire hallway and the posters decorating the walls.

"So?" she quipped, nudging your arm with her elbow.

You straightened your backpack securely on your shoulders as you looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"So, what?" you asked, sounding very indifferent about what she was going to say next.

"The homecoming dance, (Name)! Supposedly it's going to be the best in the whole district!" There was a high pitched squee as she spoke about the dance that reminded you very much of the brunette's giggle which made you want to gag, but instead you just rolled your eyes. She noticed your eye roll and kept her eyes steady on you, a glare so intense it would have made the President rethink everything in his life.

"You are going, right?" she said, slowly. Although her glare didn't make you rethink everything in your life, it did however create a small sheet of sweat on your forehead.

"Erm, well," you began, training your eyes on Midtown's high school floor. "I wasn't planning on going. And even if I was, I don't want to go alone, ya dig?" you joked dryly. There was a scoff from beside you as (F's/N) shook her head.

"You're not going alone. You're-"

You cut her off before she could continue, your eyes narrowing. "But I always go with friends. I want an actual date," you sighed loudly, the walrus mating call sneaking its way in there as well.

"What's wrong with you? Since when are you interest in boys?" (F's/N)'s voice sounded mildly horrified which irked you quite a bit. Just because you never made it obvious that you wanted a boyfriend didn't mean that you didn't want one at all. Jesus Christ, all you wanted was to not die alone.

You mumbled softly to yourself before answering her. "(F's/N), there are lots of things wrong with this world. Like Leonardo DiCaprio not having his well deserved Oscar, so why focus solely on me?"

You nudged her ribs once you realized every student in the hallway dispersing into their respective classrooms. You waved good-bye and walked over to your English classroom, barely catching her sigh loudly at your answer. She was so done with your shit.

You slithered through the hoard of students blocking you from getting to your seat, fighting the urge to just push them out of your way. Once you finally got through, you were met with the scene of the only decent seat being already taken by some girl. Your nails clawed into the binder in your arms as you passed by her, grumbling to yourself about how much you hated people. There were two open seats at the back and you pursed your lips as you got to one of them, your eyes scanning the entire classroom in search of another one that wasn't so far from the white board. Luck was not on your side today.

With a grunt, you plopped down onto it, lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed. Everyone that wasn't sitting by now, had gone to their desks where their things were located at, the chattering not faltering one bit.

"Hey," greeted a voice from beside you.

You turned your head to the left and saw Peter Parker smiling slightly at you. You waved your hand once, flinging the pen that you were holding with the same hand behind you. There was a moment of silence between you two as you both stared down at the fallen pen. Aw, hell. And you had just gotten comfortable in your seat.

"Here, I'll-" he began, getting ready to stand up.

"No, it's fine! I don't think it even worked anymore." You let out a small scoff as you whipped out another pen from your backpack. "I've got plenty more, so don't sweat it."

Both of you fell silent once the lecture began, but even if you were quiet you couldn't shake the feeling that Peter didn't know your name. You two had never even met, so of course he wouldn't know what your name is! The only reason why you knew his name was because of the incident with Flash, him, and a basket ball. Word tended to spread each time a jock got his ass handed to him by a geeky looking boy like Peter himself. You only remembered his name because of that and because you realized that you had him for a few classes.

Partner work was assigned and each person's partner was the person sitting beside them. And oh, ho, ho! What was this? Your partner happened to Pete himself. You narrowed your eyes as you began to think of what higher force had brought you two together. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Nah, that'd be too boring, so why not just pretend it was something else?

"Alright-" Peter started, but you interrupted him twice that period.

"I'm (Name)," you gave him a small awkward smirk as he stared at your with a blank expression. Oh, God, what happened? WHY WAS HE LOOKING AT YOU LIKE THAT? Did you have a booger?

"I know." He said simply, rubbing a hand behind his neck.

Your smile fell and a confused expression made its way onto your face. He knows? What does he mean that he knows what your name is?! You opened your mouth to say something, anything, but what you didn't know was that you just looked like a fish out of water. Okay, you've got this! Just say something smooth~.

"What."

Oops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's 5 parts to this so at the end of the 5 part I'll credit the author