Peter Parker x Orphaned!Reader ♡~ Just stay

You never had a perfect life. But you didn't care, nobody had a perfect life. Besides, you had someone you loved and who loved you. Peter Parker, more known as a Spiderman. But you never cared about him being a superhero. Sure, you were worried he would get hurt but he told you his secret after two months of dating. You've met in high school, you were into photography too and you asked him once to meet to choose the best photos to album. He agreed and you talked. A lot. You were with him when Gwen broke up with him. You supported him, even if that hurt you, seeing that he misses a woman who hurt him so deeply. You loved him even then. And then, when you were in danger, he realised that you are even more important to him than Gwen. And he kissed you. God he was a good kisser.
Though now you were lying on the couch, waiting for him for a long time now. It was your Birthday. Your first Birthday since your parents died in the car crash, and that was exactly year ago. He promised he will pick you up at four, come with you to park, he said that he would walk with you, that you would eat ice cream together, go to see sunset near the lake, that you would dance there like on your first date, without music, alone under the moon. But he didn't show up. At five you thought he just got hold up. At seven you thought maybe some villan is fighting with him. At eight you thought that he had to do something in SHIELD. At nine you thought that maybe he went to see his uncle's grave. At ten you thought that maybe he forgot at what hour he should show up. At eleven you thought he had something important and he forgot. At midnight you dealt with the thought he just forgot about you, like everyone else. And so you were lying on the couch, dressed like hours ago, ready to leave, with tears on your cheeks. You curled up on the couch and silently sobbed. After an hour you fell asleep, tired of crying and waiting. And that's how Peter saw you when he entered the house walking threw the window. In a moment his mood was broken. He silently walked to you and tried to cover you with blanket, but you woke up.
"Peter...?" You asked sleepily. He smiled a bit.
"Hey there, (Nickname)." He said silently but stopped when a tear dropped from your face. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked concerned. You wiped off the tears angrily, sitting up.
"N-Nothing. It's not important." You answered not looking at him. He didn't have his Spiderman suit on so he wasn't on some kind of mission or rescuing anyone, or fighting some villans. He. Simply. Forgot. And that hurt you deeply.
"It's not nothing if it makes you cry." He said grabbing your chin and looking straight into your (y/e/c) eyes full of tears. You bit your lower lip.
"What day it is, Peter?" You asked with shaky voice.
"It's-oh... oh my-god, (Y/N) I'm so sorry... I completely forgot... God I'm such an idiot..." He covered his face with his hands, as you gulped and looked away. He knew how much it meant for you, he just forgot... and he hated himself for this. He opened his arms and pulled you into a tight hug. You buried your face in his chest, crying silently. He knew how you felt. He felt the same when he lost his uncle... but you lost both your parents, and anniversary of their death was your birthday. Probably the worst coincidence ever created. He stroked your hair, trying to calm you down by it. You slowly - really slow - started to calm down. You were so tired... "Come on, you need to rest." He whispered and carried you to your bed.
"P-Peter?" Your voice was so weak and broken by crying, it broke his heart apart.
"Yes (Nickname)?" He asked looking at you. Seeing you like this hurt him badly. You didn't deserve this. You deserved so much more...
"C-Could y-you sta-stay with me? P-P-Ple-ease? J-Just for thi-is nig-night." He smiled sadly and nodded, lying down next to you, letting you cuddle up into him.
"I'm sorry I messed up today... I'm really sorry (Y/N)." He whispered as his arm was around your waist, pulling you closer to him.
"It's al-alright Peter... just... just stay... please." There was no force in the whole universe that would made him leave right now. Not even chance of getting uncle Ben back. Because you needed him the most right now, and you needed his love. As much as he needed you, because if anything would happen to you, it would kill him. It would break his soul, his mind, his heart. After some time you were absolutely calm. You fell asleep, cuddled up to him, like you were afraid if you'll let go he will be gone right away. He smiled a bit and kissed your cheek softly. It gently woke you up for a moment. Peter smiled a bit, brushing your cheek with his thumb. "Shsh... go back to sleep. Sleep well, (Y/N)." He said silently kissing you softly. "I love you."
"I love you too." You hummed in response, before falling asleep again in his arms. Maybe this day wasn't that bad after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to BrodreRavn on deviant art