Peter Parker ♡Comfort

(A/N: HUGE TASM2 SPOILER.) (The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

He blindly wraps his arms around you.

He's crying his eyes out; vision bleary as his tears blur his view.

You hang your head, softly drawing circles onto his back, whispering comfort.

Because Gwen is dead.

And both of you loved her so much.

You know how hard Peter tried to save her. You remember him wailing as they took her body from his arms. You remember him stumbling to your apartment, red eyed and puffy lipped, and you remember knowing exactly what happened without anything being said.

"One month since then." Peter breathes. "I should have left her alone. Like her father told me to. Like I promised."

Your embrace tightens. "Not your fault." You say simply. "People do crazy things when they're in love."

"I could have saved her." Peter insists. "Maybe if I was a bit faster-"

"Peter. You tried, alright? Gwen loved you, and I'll bet on my life that Gwen wouldn't blame you." You stop, and bite your lip, pulling away from his embrace to look him in the eyes. "Gwen wouldn't want you to cry, would she?"

The boy in front of you shakes his head.

"That's right. Now, brighten up. Gwen's still here." You say, placing your hand over his heart. Brown eyes bore into your own, you give him a weak smile. "I miss her too, Peter. But I think we'll be alright."

"I hope so." Peter sounds broken hearted, voice croaky. You look at him intensely when he bows his head once again. Peter didn't deserve it. Peter was a boy, for god's sake. He was just a kid who had just graduated. He didn't deserve all the pain he'd endured.

You wanted a secure life for him.

Because Peter deserved it.

"(Name)?" Peter asks after a while.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. For being here. For helping. For everything."

Because Peter knew that if you weren't here, he'd surely go insane.

You were the one and only source of comfort and love he had left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Credit to readyaimfireaway on deviant art