Peter Parker ♡Homecoming

I had a free night last night so I decided to write this up!
I'm a sucker for these types of things too haha

Title: Homecoming
Pairing: Peter Parker x reader
Summary: Eating lunch with Peter turns into a Homecoming proposal
Word Count: 1,208
Warnings: Food mention

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Y/N," whispers Peter, prodding your shoulder and prompting you to turn around. "Can I copy your homework?"
He gives you a slight, charming smile, hoping he could play his cards right. You could rat him out right now, telling the teacher up front that Peter Parker was guilty of academic dishonesty, but you knew better.
"Again? Peter, I'm starting to question if you even know how to read," you mumble as you hand him your homework.
He lets out a quiet chuckle before rolling his eyes, happily taking the paper.
"Gee, thanks Y/N," he replies, attention focused on copying down your homework. "I'm starting to question if you have a heart."
You give him a silent glare before turning back around, fighting the amused smile on your face. You and Peter always had this type of relationship, based on a rapid-fire type of banter. Sometimes it seemed excessive, but you always ended with a smile.
A few minutes later, Peter hands your homework back and mouths a silent "thank you." You roll your eyes, pretending to be annoyed with him. It wasn't the first time this happened, because even though Peter was smart, lately, he seemed too busy to actually show it.
Peter always had dark circles under his eyes, as if every night was a long night for him. Sometimes, he'd walk into class with fading bruises or a slight limp, or he'd wince in pain when you hit him in the shoulder playfully. It wasn't uncommon for Peter to fall asleep during class either, hand slipping out from under his head as he slept. It was always you who saved him at the last minute, tapping him awake and sparing him the embarrassment of slamming his head on the desk. But despite how tired Peter was, he always had the energy to annoy you.
"Pst, Y/N, are you going to homecoming?" he asks, only loud enough for you to hear.
"Homecoming?" you reply, not turning around but knowing Peter could hear you. The question caught you off guard. "Don't know. Why?"
You can hear Peter shuffle around in his seat before he replies. You try to focus on the algebra that's being written on the board, but your curiosity about Peter's question is killing you.
"I was just wondering," he answers, clicking his pen a few times. "Homecoming's kind of lame anyway."
He leans back in his chair, continuing to copy down the homework. He's not even paying attention to the lecture, but then again, Peter could probably figure it out on his own. The mystery surrounding his question still bothered you, though.
Class continues at an unbearably slow pace, lecture occasionally interrupted by Peter prodding your shoulder sometimes and asking a silly question. You try your best to focus on the notes, but you're almost asleep by the time the bell rings. The only thing that kept you awake was the way your desk rattled when Peter kicked it.
"Thank god that's done," Peter mumbles as you begin to walk out of the classroom. "Want to catch lunch together?"
You shrug somewhat reluctantly, turning away slightly. "I have bio next period and I still haven't finished my homework."
Peter groans, grabbing you by the hand and tugging you gently towards the cafeteria. You roll your eyes in response, but know that he won't give up without a fight. What he says next, you basically predicted.
"Come on, Y/N," he coaxes. "I'll help you do your bio homework, just come eat lunch with me."
"Peter-"
"Y/N please?" he begs, holding your hand close to his chest. "I will never, ever copy off your homework ever again if you do this. I swear on my heart."
Peter lets go of you before crossing his heart with his fingers and giving you a pleading look. You could walk away and get your work done, but you also know very well that Peter would just chase you down the hall.
"Fine," you sigh, finally agreeing to his terms.
"Yes!" Peter cheers, throwing his hands up childishly.
You feign annoyance at his eager attitude but laugh anyway. As you're walking down to lunch, Peter's just glowing with excitement. You haven't seen him this happy in a long time.
"It's just lunch, Peter," you laugh as you walk down the stairs to the cafeteria.
"I know," he shrugs, sending a quick text on his phone. "But it's lunch with you."
The way he emphasizes "you" brings the slightest smile and flush to your face. But you quickly play it off, punching him in the arm lightly in response. Sometimes you hated how boyishly charming he was.
You near the cafeteria and it's suspiciously quiet. This was the main cafeteria, and you were already a few minutes into the lunch period, so it should be packed and buzzing. However, on this occasion, you could only hear a few murmurs.
"This is weird," you mumble, expecting Peter to be behind you.
Instead, you're barely able to see Peter sprint inside the cafeteria. You roll your eyes, expecting it to be one of his antics again. When you grab the handle and swing the door open, you're ready to scold Peter, but instead you're greeted with a surprise of balloons and confetti.
Among all the chaos, you manage to spot a blushing Peter holding an elaborate poster board, asking you to homecoming. You can't exactly fight the similar red tint on your cheeks when you see him.
"Y/N, I know I've been a pain most of the time, bothering you in class and stuff, but I would really love to spend one painless night with you," Peter says, projecting his voice over the crowd. "Will you go to homecoming with me?"
A wave of aw's sweep over the lunch room and you can't believe how excessive Peter was being. He was the last person you'd expect to pull a stunt like this, getting the entire school involved, but you can't help the excited smile on your face when you answer him.
"Yeah, I guess one night at homecoming with you wouldn't be too bad," you answer.
Peter laughs, hugging you tightly. It suddenly made sense why he was so adamant to eat lunch with you, and you were a little less annoyed at him for his persistence.
The cafeteria moves on around you, coming back to life as students eat. You wait in line with Peter, fiddling with your tray as you do so. The homecoming poster is rolled up and peeks out of Peter's backpack slightly.
"I thought homecoming was 'kind of lame,'" you quoted, pulling from your conversation in math the period prior.
Peter laughs, shrugging sheepishly. "Yeah, that was a bit of a lie. I needed to test the waters before actually asking."
The response brings an amused smile on your face as the line creeps forward and you're able to grab your food.
"Was the whole helping me with bio and paying for my lunch thing a lie too?" you asked with a teasing tone.
He laughs quietly as you near the cash register, shaking his head.
"Lying about free food? That would just make me a jerk," he jokes as he pays for both of you at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Credit to imaginesnthings on tumblr