Peter Parker ♡Prom

School prom. Last school prom you would ever have and you had no one to come with. You had a perfect dress, perfect mask, everything you needed. But not a companion. Your boyfriend broke up with you few hours ago, I guess you got a lesson not to date Flash Thompson ever again. You didn't love him, you couldn't, seeing what he was doing to other students and your friends, but at least you could help them a little bit by calming Flash down. But few hours ago was different. You were trying to help a little kid Flash bullied and your boyfriend saw you. He got pretty angry and broke up with you. By punching you in the face. Now you had an ugly bruise on your cheek. You were sitting in your room, in too big shirt and leggins, crying on your bed silently. That was until you heard someone knocking to your door.
„(Y/N)? Are you in here?" ‚Peter? Shit!' Now you had a problem. You would never wanted your best friend and old crush to see you like this. You wiped off your tears quickly. „(Y/N)? Can I come in?"
„W-Wait! Just-gimme a moment!" You looked at the mirror and held a whine. You looked terrible.
„(Y/N)?" You sighed and walked to the door, opening it slightly. Peter could barely see you.
„What's going Pete? Sh-shouldn't you be getting ready for the prom?" You asked silently, as your friend smiled slightly.
„I could ask you the same question. I wanted to check on you and your mum told me that you're staying... what happened?" You bit your lower lip. „(Y/N)?" Great, now he was suspecting something bad happened.
„No-nothing Pete. Everything is fine just-just I don't feel like going out tonight... you can go." You were about to close the door but he held it and opened it. He saw your bruise. He saw whole you. Peter froze for a moment, staring at you as you nervously bit your lip and looked down. „P-Pe-Pete, c-can you stop l-looking at me like that?" You asked silently and he snapped out of the shock.
„Was this Flash?" You looked away a bit ashamed. Peter hated Flash for a long time and Flash liked to bully Peter. But for few days their relationship wasn't that bad, you didn't want it to be destroyed. „I'm going to kill him." He hissed and turned away but you grabbed his arm, stopping him.
„He-he's not worth it, Pete."
„Wha-of course he is!" Wow, he seemed pretty concerned and angry like now. „He hit you! You can't just stay at home until this bruise will disappear, he deserves to be at least punched!"
„Peter, you're starting to act like him..." You warned but he didn't listen.
„He's so stupid that he can't even see how lucky he was that he had you! And he hit you now! I'm not going to let this go!"
„Peter!" Your raised voiced silenced him for few seconds. „I don't want you to get any trouble... besides you have to go to your date, you can't be late for this prom." You sighed and turned away, sitting on your bed. For a moment Parker was quiet, until he gently grabbed your wrist and held your hand in his.
„One, I don't have a date. Two, it's YOU who can't be late for the prom." He smiled a bit. „Come on, get ready. Show Flash what he lost." You weren't sure about this idea, but finally Parker persuaded you and now, after not a long time you left your room, fully dressed for the prom. Mask covered your bruise a little. When Peter saw you, he gasped. „Wow... just... wow." You chuckled silently.
„I assume that'd be your ‚you look nice' quote." He grinned a bit and offered you his arm.
„You don't look nice. You look amazing, (Y/N)." He corrected you as you blushed. „And adorable when you're blushing."
„Stop it or you'll be dancing with a Tomatoe Head tonight."
„I can work with that, as long as it'll be you." He was acting strange... more confident lately. Most of the time he was just a shy, smart and talented boy you found cute, but now he changed. Not much but he did.

When you arrived at the prom, no one really noticed you two. Especially not Flash and his new girlfriend. You bit your lip when you saw them kissing and you turned away, mumbling to Peter about getting something to drink. He worked out that you saw your ex boyfriend and he followed you, grabbed your wrist and lead you to the dance floor. Just in the moment the slow song for couples was played. Pete grinned at you and placed hands on your waist, as you slowly embraced his neck with your arms.
„Nice timing, Pete." You sighed looking into his chocolate, puppy eyes.
„I'm trying." He smirked and you chuckled a bit. But only for a moment.
„Thank you... for tonight." You said finally, as you two were moving slowly in the rhythm. Your friend smiled warmly at you, when he heard that.
„No need to thank me. It would be shame to let the prettiest girl stay at home when the prom is so close." Did he just call you pretty? No, the pretties girl? Whoa, he really DID change. He noticed that you were blushing and smirked.
„I-I told you that you'll be dancing with Tomatoe Head!" You pointed out and he laughed slightly.
„You're not a Tomatoe Head, (Y/N). You're a kind, beautiful and amazing girl. And Flash is a jerk if he didn't see it." You gulped and smiled sadly. Gently and scared that you will do something wrong, you pulled a bit closer, placing your head on his arm, moving slowly with the music. Peter wrapped his arms tighter on your waist, to be honest you were a bit surprised that he reacted that way.
„Thank you, Peter. You're a great guy." You murmured after a while. Song just ended and DJ played another one. You just noticed that Flash is glaring both at you and Peter, so you bit your lip and pulled away slowly. „Pete I-I..."
„There you are!" Peter's friends cut you off. Danny, Ava, Luke and Alexander. You didn't really know them, but they were always talking only to themselves, Peter or Mary Jane. „Come on Pete, we're going to see who's the best dancer from our group!" Alexander said smiling. Parker looked at you and you cleared your throat.
„I-I will just-I should -I will go for a walk." You mumbled walking away, and when you were outside the building, you embraced yourself with your arms. It was a bit cold, but not enough to make you go inside again.
„Not big fan of parties, huh?" Another friend of Parker, Harry Osborn. What was he doing here? „I came to visit my friend, but I see he has new friends now." You bit your lip.
„Y-You could say that." To be honest since Peter was friends with Ava, Luke, Danny and Alex you were mostly seeing him in the school. Not really after school.
„So you're fired as a friend too, huh?"
„Yes... no... I don't really know. I-I don't even know who am I to him anymore." You sighed and looked down, embracing yourself with your arms. Harry noticed that you were cold and with a weak smile he walked to you and covered your arms with his jacket. You blinked surprised and blushed slightly. „Th-thanks." He smiled.
„You're welcome." Before any of you could say anything, you saw someone walking in your direction. Flash Thompson. Your eyes widened and you stepped back quickly, and didn't stop until you felt wall behind you.
„You think that after all this you can flirt with every guy, huh?! I don't think I told you you can!" Your hands were shaking as Flash raised his fist, ready to hit you. But it didn't happen. Harry grabbed his hand in the last moment.
„Hey, back off." Harry growled, standing next to you and pushing Flash away. You were pretty close to fainting. „Beating a girl is beyond the line."
„What do you know ‚bout it, huh?"
„Watch your mouth, Thompson. I'm Harry, Harry Osborn." Flash's eyes widened as he turned away and ran to the building. „You okay?" He asked you as you nodded. Then you shook your head. „Why was he so-„
„My boyfriend. Ex boyfriend." You mumbled.
„Hey, you alright? You look a bit pale... hey!" You fainted.

You woke up in your bed, dressed in your normal clothes. Your mother had to change your clothes, well, you hope it was her. You slowly looked around and you saw someone sitting on the chait next to your bed. It was your best friend, Peter Parker. He noticed that you were awake right a way. He hugged you tightly, as you let out a small gasp.
„You scared me, you know? Never do this again!" He said when he pulled away.
„H-How did I get here...?"
„Harry and I carried you, you fainted." Yeah, you remembered fainting. Unfortunately.
„Sorry... I had to ruin your night..."
„Don't be an idiot, (Nickname)." He cut you off. „It wasn't your fault and to be honest- you saved me from Alexander and his teasing about you and I." You raised your eyebrows. „Yeah that's... probably a very bad timing but... I-you... I like you... like a lot..." You blinked. Well... nice timing. You leaned a bit to him, placing a quick, gentle kiss on his soft lips. He was starled for a moment, but soon he grinned at you.
„I like you too." You admitted silently. „But next time say this before I'll faint. Okay?"
„Okay." He smiled, hugging you. Maybe this night wasn't that bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Credit to BrodreRavn on deviant art