Darker Dreams (DeanXReader)

A/n

Sam's gone missing and Dean needs help to find him, consequently dragging someone into the hunting business, unwittingly it being his perfect match.

***

He sat across from you, the newspaper gently leaning against his hand, and somehow it made his tense musseled body covered by dark earthy green plaid and a gray shirt, the mussels still tense in his shoulders pulling the fabric tight so you could see the outline of his biceps as he looked for a case.

You and Dean had been working together for a few weeks now as he tracked down his brother, Sam Winchester, your best friend from college. No matter how much you tried though, his green eyes still made you blush whenever he complemented you on anything you did. As he looked for a case near bye you ran the stats through your head, trying to figure out how likely it was to find Sam this way, after all he had just gone off on his own a month ago at tops, but Dean insisted on finding him, which is why you were tracked down.

He believed he had ran back to his friends and busted down your door gun blazing as you were takeing a shower.

Long story short you agreed to help find him as long as he let you have a gun at all times. Reluctantly, he agreed and the two of you followed his trail here, to the tip of the thumb in Michigan where you both now stood in the middle of winter and you were freezing your ass off in the 10 degree weather.

"Dean, let's face it... he's not here. It's been three days. Let's just move on and try picking it up fresh in the morning?" Spreading your arms infront of yourself he glanced at you over the side of his paper before lowering it to his lap and running his fingers across his face.

"Maybe your right y/n..." he looked up at you, as you just noticed the lines traced on his cheeks from the tears falling down them as he had hidden behind the paper. Immediately you walked to his side sitting on the side of the Impala next to him looking over the dock you parked on to the great lengths of Lake Michigan sparkling in the morning cold.

Being slightly taller than Dean, you laied your head on top of his as his cheeks set ablaze.

You didn't know this but the older Winchester had gotten the biggest crush on you in the past few days. Your cool, confident demeaner and your fearless behavior had made him feel as if you were ment for him. That he loved you, but he refused to say anything.

But, what he wouldn't admit to himself was that Sam had had that crush on you first for years.

And you never knew.

So he refused to do anything to act on it even though you loved him as much or possibly even more than he did you, and there was nothing you wouldn't do to know if he felt the same. Your hair blew to the left of your head as the beanie you wore kept it mostly in place, the AC DC tshirt you wore covered by the red, blue, and green plaid you pulled over it in the cold, a leather jacket slipped on top to keep you warm.

Even with all the layers, Dean could still make out every curve on your body that he had memorized in the past few months. As you watched the sun rise that dark morning something struck you as it finally dawned on you how Dean even knew you existed.

Sam had your number.

And he had never called you.

With that you tensed your body from Dean's relaxed one looking him over with clarity and deciding for herself after the weeks why he had suddenly shut off in the past few days.

He liked you.

But he couldn't hurt Sam.

And the funny thing was neither could you. So even though you knew how he felt, how they felt, you sat there on top of the Impala looking silently at Dean Winchester with both tears in your e/c eyes and red flushing across your face.

"Dean I..." He averted your eyes as the two of you continued the silence till the sun had compleatly come over the top of the lake reflecting like a giant mirror.

"What do we do now?"

"We wait."

"An then what?" Dean looked supprised to your question as the two of you touched hands for a split second and the same thought flashed across your minds.

"I love you Dean Winchester. And that's why I have to go isn't it?" Tears streamed down your face as he grasped your hand as if his life depended on it.

No, as if yours did.

"I love you too..." And for a split second the two of you were happy. Dean's warm breath crossed your nose as you tenderly kissed for a few seconds, your hands reaching around his waste, falling to his back, limp and motionless, his roaming your back as the leather under his fingertips slid gently due to the cold.

"Goodbye." His fingers meeting yours as they intertwined for what would never seem like long enough. And you slid to the ground, your black boots hitting the wooden dock silently as you retrieved your sack from the trunk, all while Dean faught to keep your hand in his.

And you turned your back on the home you had made in the last few weeks, Eight to be exact, and the love of your life.

All to protect your bestfriend.