Poetry (ReaderXSam)

A/n

Hey yall, I have odd moments in time where I write poetry to calm my nerves! Thought I might put some of it into a story for you. Love yall!!!

"So what do I say
What do I do
To keep my mind
From running back to you
Even if I loved
Your voice would call me anyway
And my soul would break
With every touch
From this ruthless broken down
Breathlessly beautiful
Love"

Sam laid down the poem after he finished reading it to you, tears in his eyes. He stood, leaving for the night as he checked his watch and it was four am.

"Goodnight." He whispered as he closed the door, leaving you alone in the dark.

He walked from the room, the same salty tears he wore every day not comming to his eyes. He couldn't do it, he couldn't cry. It had been so long and he could never forget you, never, but a year ago today you went into a coma that you would never come out of. Cas couldn't save you, no demonic deal, no spell, it was all up to you and Sam was really starting to believe you would never wake up.

That's what Dean had told you, but you never believed him till today.

Every day, he would find a poem out of the book you had hidden under your bed in the bunker, he would read it to you, over and over, hoping one day you would hear him.

And every day you did.

But today, he ran out of poems. He ran out of hope.

At least, that was till he remembered something.

He ran down the halls of the bunker right into the library where your desk was still untouched, the thick paper and pens stacked neatly on its own.

He sat down, and began writeing.

"You know Sammy," you whispered in his ear, "you have the heart of a poet, you should try it out someday."

You had been writeing at your desk as you sat on top of Sam's lap and he read your writeing over your shoulder.

"No, it would never be as good as yours." He said, blushing as you turned and kissed him on the bridge of his nose.

"I'd do anything to see you write." You whisper, smiling as your glasses slid slightly down your nose and he held the back of your head, the beanie on your head somehow finding it's way onto his.

"One day." He whispered as the two of you started kissing as you left the poem beside you.

"Breathlessly, beautiful, love." You whispered into his ear.

That was the day that you went into the comma, a hunt gone wrong is what you would always blame a scratch on. No, this was a tragedy.

So Sam Winchester sat there at your desk writeing a poem all of his own to read you as Dean was out on a hunt as he had given up hunting to stay home and watch over you.

He looked over his scribble proudly as he compared it to your writing and ran back down the hall to your room.

"Hey, y/n. I've got something special for you." He whispered, holding your hand you breathed slowly and he picked up the paper as he held it infront of his unshaven face.

"I know it's hard to choose
Between the past and tomorrow
The days to come
The days gone by
The ones with you and me together
Forever it might have seemed
Or the ones to come
With the promise of new
The chance to change
But I only want you
Today tomorrow
Now
Forever
I don't care
As long as it's with you."

He whispered, wipeing a small tear from his cheek as he set down the paper.

"There's alot more of where that came from." He said, takeing the paper and putting it into the back of the folder with all of your poems.

"I'll never give up, y/n." He whispered once more, placing a kiss on your forehead as he stood to leave.

And he was gone. And as you laid there alone in your room, you took a quick breath, silent, pure.

And you kept on breathing, even if you couldn't speak, you couldn't move, you loved him and you would never let him go.