We Are Home (OC Bestfriend)

Okay, I have a short that I couldn't figure out where to put in my book so I decided that I'd put this in the book. Enjoy!!

................

The three of us drove down the street, baby's engine rumbling along with the music.

I wasn't sure what time it was, where we were at, or how long ago I had started driveing her but I could clearly see the edge of the sun started to peak out over the trees to the right of the empty road we drove down.

The wind slowed down as I picked my foot up off the gas and rolled to the side into the grass as the light flashed over the tree tops.

"Hey, look at that rise." I whispered, getting out of the car and sliding across the hood as the tree top glistening with green. My fingertips warmed by the sunlight as the wind whipped through my hair just like the swaying trees.

"Not something you see every day now do ya?" I asked the wind, knowing somewhere out there that Viv was listening to me.

She always was.

"Sam's doing okay, Dean too. I'm looking after them you know, and I know you do, their gonna be okay."  I marveled at the sunlight, the red and pink, yellow, orenge, and beautiful blue. Bright, great, pure.

"Tell Cas I say hello. Tell him I miss him, I miss you too Viv." I tell the sky, and I can still imagine heaven.

"Just, come on down when you can okay Viv," I whisper, my hands shakeing as I stared at the sky, "I miss you bud." My voice cracked and I laughed, gripping the side of the Impala with my shakeing hands.

I shuddered, sliding off the hood of the car as I heard Sam rolling over in the front seat of the Impala as I walked around back, fishing a piece of paper from my ruck sack and slamming it closed.

My fingers crossed the delicate paper as I smiled, threading them back and forth slowly as it found its way into a small paper bird.

"One thousand..." I whispered to the small paper bird as I flapped it's wings slowly.

"You know what I wish?" I asked the sky as it responded with its growing colors and beauty. "That it was the old days again. You and me, simple and easy, hunting the monsters, looking for Dean, simple, easy, you and me."

A tear slid down my cheek and landed on the paper crane, drenching it's head in salty water.

"Your my home, my best friend." Veridion, my best friend. A small blue haired, bad ass, AC DC hoddie wearing angel who brought me back from the brink of death.

"I love you Viv. We can talk more later okay?" I said, walking back around to the front of the Impala, sitting in the driver's seat, turning the key and listening to her purr as I grabbed a thread from the end of my Jeans and looping it through the birds head where it was soft from the tear.

And I walked from the Impala, her engine purring so beautifully and I looked at the sunrise with a smile.

So the three of us drove down the road once more, my hands shakeing on the wheel as the little paper bird watched me drive away, a small blue stained hand from dieing her hair.

"I'll see you later Kat, I love you too."