Carry On (DeanXReader)

A/n

Okay, I really liked writeing the All the Wild Horses fic so I thought I might write one for the one and only supernatural song, Carry on My Wayward Son.

...............

"Dean, wake up!!" You whine as the alarm went off in the apartment as he rolled over, slamming  the alarm into the dresser.

That's when you realized that you didn't have an appartment, you didn't have a alarm, and most importantly, you and Dean Winchester were not in a relationship.

"Okay, what's going on?" You asked him, very serious as you looked at him worriedly.

"Did you drug me?" You ask jokingly as you rolled off the bed.

Just about then you noticed you were naked.

"Did we-are you?" You start asking wildly, pulling the extra blanket around yourself.

"That is what happens when your married." He whispered, pulling you back up onto the bed and kissing your neck.

And then you woke up, your radio blaring music you couldn't quite make out by how freaking loud it was!

"SAM!!" You shout over the music as he turned down the radio and sat at the foot of the bed.

Sam was your best friend, he knew everything about you, even your crush on his brother, not even Cas knew about that and he could read minds.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as you glaired angrily at him.

"Was I talking in my sleep again?" You asked, him nodding between your rapid breaths. "Did-did he hear me?" Sam looked at me with tears at the bottoms of his eyes.

"No." He whispered, then you remembered why. Every day you blocked it out, and you remembered every morning.

"I'll take today if you want?" You ask, laying a hand on his arm as he looked up at you.

"Thanks y/n." He hugged you tight, letting go so that you could get dressed and eat something before you went in to confront Dean.

You stood, hands shakeing, and you walked to the dungeon, opening the door slowly and you saw Dean, his smile teaseing, his eyes closed.

You were glad.

"Hi Dean, ready for treatment?" You asked quietly as he tilted his head up to you.

"I sense I'm not alone in the force." He said teasingly as you pulled out the syringes of blessed blood, preparing for the screaming you could hear already in your head.

"Keep talking toots, it's gonna make today a lot easier for the both of us." You whisper, stabbing the needle into his neck.

He screamed, every single sound breaking your heart as you looked him in the eye, his dark black eyes, pools of death that took your one true love.

Carry on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

You finally remembered the song Sam had been playing this morning, you more wanted to block it out then you just didn't hear it. Carry on it said, but no matter what you couldnt.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high

He shouted in pain, telling you horrible things, what he would do to Sam, to Cas, to you, if he ever got out. You would continue, keep him awake, you would smile when you heard the monster that killed Dean Winchester cry out in pain.

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreamin', I can hear them say

You could still feel his hand on your shoulder, his lips on your neck, even if it all was a dream, a dream that you never wanted to end. Did that make you crazy? Did that make you blind, even if the monster was right infront of you, you couldn't help but feel that Dean Winchester was alive.

Carry on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

And yet he cried, a evil, horrible cry with every shot, you had to watch as he shook, as he lashed, as his tears wet the cement floor.

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know

And yet you pretended like you could move on. Like you could live without him. Even as his horrible black eyes told you that he was gone. And you knew.

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune,
but I hear the voices say

You couldnt. You knew. You loved him and you always would. You would rather die than watch him like this for the rest of his life. You could hear Dean's voice, it called for you, to let go.

Carry on my wayward son
For there'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

But you didn't listen, every injection killing you on its own. Finally Dean couldn't take anymore for the day, he was almost out cold, begging to be left alone. But you held him anyway as he cried. You sang to him, to keep him there with you.

Your Dean Winchester. Your true love. Your one purpose in this life and you held him and cried.

"

We carried on my wayward son
There is peace now we are done
Laid our weary heads to rest
Don't gotta cry no more
                                                          "

He carried on.
There is peace, he no longer has to worry.
And all you could ever want is for him to lay to rest.
Never cry again.

"Stay with me y/n, please." He asked, you looking into his eyes that were all his own. He was back.

For now.

"Always." And he kissed you, right there, his cracked lips, your tear stained eyes, and you held eachother in the darkness as the monster within was slain for that day.