Let Go (CasXReader)

A/n

Okay, I've never done a Cas imagine, so I hope you enjoy it, love u dudes!!!

...............

Cas walked into your room, your hand resting on the dresser as you breathed heavily. You looked up into the mirror, a gun to your head, tears streaming down your eyes.

You couldn't do it. Inside your head, you could hear the forces of good and evil fighting inside your head. The cage was in your mind and it was ugly.

All you wanted was for it to stop. You had hurt people, good people. The brothers, Sam and Dean. You had almost killed them, just from the whispers in your ears.

"I cant do it Cas..." you sniffed as he came closer, but you whirled around on him, an angel blade in your hands as he backed up ever so slightly.

"Don't-please, don't get any closer Cas." You whisper, a tear sliding down your cheek.

"Their telling me to do it you know..." you look him in the eye, a horrible grin on your lips.

"To end you." You whisper as you walk ever so closer to Castiel as he looked down at you, pity in his eyes.

"To hurt you." You chirp, your lips on his ear as the blade pierced the skin of his stomach. He flinched, but not much else.

"Y/n, I'm begging you." He whispered in your ear. "Hold on."

"Why?" You ask into his ear as he shuddered at the thought of what must be going on inside your head.

"It's so much easier to let go!" You back up, a hand on the mirror as Castiel's hand moved to the blade, keeping it imbeded in his skin.

"You go, I go." He said, voice low and threatening.

"Why would I care?" You ask, "I'm insane, I'm dangerous, I'm-"

"In love." He said, you holding back a cry of pain from thinking about the knife sliding through his skin.

"You haven't really hurt me, you haven't even tried. You coudlnt. You love me and no matter what those bastard's told you, you couldn't kill me. Not for one second did you think you could." His eyes were like ice, even as the melted yours as you were stone cold.

"So." He said, stepping forward and pressing the blade ever so slightly into himself. "You go, I go. Drop the gun."

"I-I can't." You stammered as he reached up a hand to the pistol now pointed at your heart.

"Let go." He whispered.

For a brief moment, you were terrified that if the shot went off, you would have to watch him die. Watch the blade sink through his skin, the flash of fear that would corse through his eyes as he greeted his reaper on the other side.

He would let go.

So now, all you had left to do was choose how. A bullet, or the angel that just couldn't let you go.

"Let me go Castiel." You pleaded one final time, hearing the words that Lucifer whispered in your ear.

"Y/n."

"I love you." And with that, you placed your finger on the trigger, a second on the blade, and the shot shattered your heart in two, the knife dropping to the ground with your hand.

It's silver blade was locked in your grip that he didn't dare pull apart. He couldn't.

He loved you too much to do that.

And as he wailed on his knees, your mind free of the hiss of the devil, the scheming of God's most promised, you were finally free to cry, your hands on Castiel's shoulders as your reaper called for you to leave.

You couldn't hear them, you didn't want to.

And eventually, they decided that there was no where you could go to be happy other than with him.

Your reaper left you as you cried on your knees.

And as his cries echoed throughout the bunker, Sam and Dean running to him, they tore him away from your lifeless body, your blood pouring from your chest.

"Take the locket Sammy." You whisper in his ear, the youngest Winchester takeing the little silver moon from around your neck, giving it to Castiel after he stopped fighting Dean. After he realized you were dead, gone forever.

You let go.

And as he opened the small box, looking at the note inside it said a few simple words.

"Castiel, my angel, my love, my forever and always, I will never be far away as long as you never let this go. Never let us go." He finished reading the note, closing the locket after placing the piece of paper back inside.

He took the locket, placing it around his neck and tucking it under his shirt, right beside his heart.

"I'll always be with you Cas..." you said, sitting on the table infront of Dean. They couldn't see you, or hear you, you were invisible, you were dead, you were a ghost.

You were love.

You were forever.

You were his.