Fundraiser

Hannah's POV

"Do you ever eat at your own house?" I frowned as Brian shoved the last piece of leftover pizza into his mouth, smiling at me in satisfaction.

He had just snatched it out of the box as I had reached for it, despite the fact that I had been looking forward to it ever since I woke up.

"Nope." He grinned back at me, cheeks full of pizza as cheese hung out of his mouth.

"You're the worst." I laughed as I made my way over to the fridge to find something else.

"Where's Ash, anyway?" He asked, still with a mouth full of pizza as he flopped down on the couch and put his feet on the coffee table.

I swear he waited until his mouth was full to speak just to irritate me.

"She's your girlfriend, shouldn't you know where she is?"

He just shrugged, giving me no more response than that, as he flicked on the TV while I rummaged through the fridge to find something to eat. I picked up the milk jug to find it was empty, confirming that we had absolutely nothing left to eat since all we had was cereal.

"Did you drink the rest of this and then put it back in the fridge?" I called into the living room from the kitchen.

"Maybe." He smirked back at me.

I grabbed the box of cereal out of the cupboard and took it with me to the couch where I plunked myself down on the opposite side of Brian, throwing a marshmellow at him from the box of Lucky Charms.

"Hey those are the good part, don't waste the marshmellows" He scolded as he shoved his hand into the box and pulled out a handful, shoveling it into his mouth like he hadn't eaten in days.

"You are so disgusting." I laughed as I kicked him and he just smiled to himself, obviously pleased that he was grossing me out.

It was pretty much standard in our house. Brian would come over and eat everything, make himself far too comfortable, and do his best to irritate the hell out of me. As much as he drove me crazy, I had to admit that sometimes I enjoyed the company, since Ashley and I were both super busy with school and softball so sometimes we didn't see each other for days on end and the apartment could get kinda lonely. Sometimes I enjoyed it, but sometimes it was nice just to have someone else in the house.

Him and Ash had been dating for two years. They met when we first moved here and started University, and he had slowly become like that annoying brother I never wanted. He loved to get under my skin, constantly doing things that he knew would annoy me and getting far too much entertainment out of it, but as much as I hated to admit it he was a pretty good guy. I couldn't complain too much about him, he looked out for me like a sister and treated Ash pretty well, so he could have definitely been worse.

"I can hear you two bickering from the hallway." Ash laughed as she came in the door, carrying two bags of groceries.

Brian and I just looked at each other and laughed as I got up to help her carry them into the kitchen, starting to unpack them as she took off her coat and sat down at the kitchen table.

"So, what are you guys up to this weekend?" I asked, noting it was the first weekend in a while I didn't have a major assignment to do.

"We have that thing tonight, remember? You're coming right?" Brian asked as he entered the kitchen and sat down beside Ash.

"What thing?" I asked, trying to remember. "Oh! That fundraiser thing you were talking about last week? The one Zayn's throwing?"

"Yes, Hannah. That thing." He said, rolling his eyes at me. "You said you were coming."