Sisterly Advice

Harry's POV

I walked through my front door after work on Friday and threw my keys on the dining room table next to the pile of work I had yet to do. I made my way to the kitchen and pulled a beer out of the fridge, taking a long swig of it.

It had been an insane week. I'd been juggling three different job sites and unforeseeable problems had popped up at all three. I stretched my neck from side to side as I stood in my kitchen, trying to relieve some of the tension I felt. I felt so much pressure to do well now that it was my own business, we were still technically new and even though we were doing insanely well I knew that wouldn't keep up if we didn't continue to do good work.

I also hadn't been able to get Hannah out of my head since I met her, but especially since I realized just how much that douche was bothering her. I didn't know who he was to her, but I knew he was upsetting her and it fueled the rage inside me that I fought to suppress every day.

This whole thinking about a girl thing was so new to me and it was seriously messing with my mind. When Zayn texted me Sunday morning telling me about breakfast I had no plans to go, but when he said Hannah would be there I thought maybe if I saw her again it would help whatever was going on with me. It didn't. I didn't think she'd be there on Wednesday when I went to help Brian, but she was, and spending more time with her then hadn't helped either. In fact, I think it was now worse. She'd been on my mind since I'd left their place, and I couldn't make sense of it.

I was seriously beginning to wonder if going to the fair tonight was a good idea. I found myself wanting to see her, looking forward to it even, but I didn't know what that meant and I didn't think I wanted to find out. My train of thought was interrupted by my phone buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was my sister, and smiled as I swiped my finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Hey, donut." I smiled.

"Hi baby brother, how are you?" Gemma's voice came through, immediately making me feel less tense.

"I'm alright." I said as I nervously rubbed the back of my neck with my hand.

"Are you?" She laughed. "You're rubbing your neck. What's wrong?"

"How do you always know that?" I laughed, I hated how well she knew me sometimes. But then again, she was probably the only person who truly did know me completely.

"I can hear it in your voice. Spill it, Haz."

"I don't even know exactly." I shrugged. She stayed quiet, knowing me well enough to know it takes me a minute to gather my thoughts when it comes to expressing myself. "Work's been so crazy and I'm a little stressed. But there's this girl..."

"Oh god, Harry if you got someone pregnant I swear to god I-"

"Woah! Calm down, nobody is pregnant. Jesus Christ, don't even say that." I said as my heart pounded in my chest at the thought of it.

"Well excuse me, but you don't talk about girls so it was my first thought." She laughed, relief evident in her voice. "What's going on then?"

"Well I went to Zayn's thing last week..." I started, unsure of what I was even trying to say.

"Oh yeah, how was it? I told him I couldn't go, I felt really bad but I had to work."

"It was good, the boys were hoping to see you. Anyways, um. Brian was there obviously, and he brought his girlfriend and her friend." I said cautiously, almost as if trying to make the words make sense to me as I said them.

"Okay..." She waited patiently for me to get to the point.

"Well the friend, Hannah, we were outside and it was really cold out so I gave her my jacket...and the way she looked at me when I gave it to her, I got this weird feeling..."