Submerged

Hannah's POV

My head shot up at the sound of the door, and before I realized it I was staring down the barrel of a gun. Taylor had burst through the door, headed straight for me and had his gun aimed directly at my head. My breath hitched in my throat while everything played out in slow motion.

"NO!!" I heard Harry scream as the sound of the gun echoed off the walls and I felt the impact throw me backwards onto the floor as another shot went off.

My head bounced off the concrete, leaving me dizzy as I felt a heaviness in my chest, weighing me down and keeping me from moving. I felt warm blood gushing out on my stomach and dripping around to my back, before it hit the floor and pooled around me. It was difficult to breathe, the weight I felt in my chest made it hard to catch my breath, and I tried to focus my eyes while the room continued to spin.

I opened my eyes to see Liam drop his gun and sit up, scrambling his way over to me. My vision was blurred and hazy as I turned my head to see a mess of curly brown hair on my chest. It took me a few seconds to realize that Harry's body was on top of mine, his hair falling over his face has his head rested on my shoulder. The heaviness I felt was the pressure of his weight on top of me, and before I could even figure out what was going on I heard Niall yelling.

"Harry!" He screamed as he and Liam pulled Harry off me and laid him on the floor next to me.

I suddenly realized that the blood I'd felt on my stomach wasn't gushing from my body, but Harry's. He had jumped in front of me before the gun went off, shielding me from the bullet and taking it for himself. Blood was spewing out of his abdomen as Liam and Niall tried desperately to stop it.

"Harry?" I choked out as I sat up, tears spilling from my eyes and down my cheeks at the site of him laying on the floor while the blood poured out of him. "Harry! Oh god, no!" I yelled as the fuzziness began to wear off.

Harry coughed as he took a breath and opened his eyes, looking up at Niall as I grabbed him and pulled him towards me. He struggled to catch his breath as I cradled him in my arms, looking down at him and sobbing, while Liam kept pressure on his wound. He looked up at me as I held him, a small smirk crossing his lips.

"Hey, bird..." He smiled.

I just looked down at him, continuing to sob as I brushed his hair out of his face and cursed him for jumping in front of me.

"Hey, you idiot." I said as I leaned down and kissed his forehead, my tears dripping down my cheeks and onto his skin.

He looked up at Niall, who was watching us helplessly.

"He's dead, Haz. Liam got him. It's over. You're gonna be alright." Niall said, doing his best to sound like he wasn't about to lose his mind.

"Niall, get them out." Harry choked as he motioned toward the window, trying to get up. 

"Don't move. I'll help." I said as I got up, gently placing Harry down on the floor as Niall and I raced over to the window.

Brian and Liv were now almost fully submerged in the water, watching helplessly from the other side of the window and wondering if Harry was alright. Niall and I rushed over as they started to kick at the frame, as much as they could under water as their bodies continued to freeze. They were both turning blue as Niall picked up the chair and started to smash it against the window.

Liam pulled himself up, grabbing Zayn who was now passed out, and sitting him up against the back wall so he wouldn't drown or be hit by the window if the water flooded the room. He then grabbed Louis and Harry and did the same before he collapsed against the wall beside them, completely exhausted from having used all the strength he had left to grab them.