Promises

Harry's POV

I woke up to the sound of Niall's laugh echoing down the hall from the kitchen. I rolled over to see I'd been asleep for three hours, although it felt like I still hadn't slept in days. I groaned as I peeled myself out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt before I made my way into the kitchen to find Niall, Liam and Louis sitting at the kitchen table playing cards.

"How was your nap, sleeping beauty?" Liam smiled as I entered the kitchen, still rubbing my eyes.

"Not long enough. What are you idiots doing?" I asked as I pulled the coffee out of the cupboard and threw some in the coffee pot before I hit the button to brew.

"Nialler's been trying to keep us busy, we've been playing poker for about an hour. Only got up just a little bit ago." Lou shrugged.

"How you feeling?" I asked as I sat down at the table, taking a good look at both of them.

Liam still looked a bit shaky, his hands trembling as he held his cards in his hand. Louis was a little sweaty, but had a bit more color in his face than he did before I put them to bed.

"I'm alright. A little nauseous but I can handle it." Liam shrugged as I looked over at Louis.

"I've felt better, but I'll live." Louis sighed as he looked over at Liam and sighed.

I nodded as I put a hand on Liam's shoulder and stood up to pour myself a cup of coffee. I heard my front door open and a few seconds later Brian appeared in my kitchen.

"Well boys, looks like you're ready to get your asses kicked a serious game of poker." He grinned as he stood in the doorway.

Liam and Louis' heads shot up towards him, just realizing he was there.

"Stoner!" Liam practically squealed as they both jumped up from the table and made their way over to him for hugs.

"What are you doing here?!" Louis asked excitedly.

"Well I heard my boys had returned from their latest adventure, had to come kick it for a while. Plus, can't leave Nialler alone babysitting you all night." He said as he walked over and ruffled Niall's hair.

"Well we're glad you're here, but nobody needs to babysit us. We're good." Liam smiled as he threw his arm around Louis. "We got this."

"Styles got the worst of it last night." Louis said as he smiled over at me and nodded, his way of saying thank you.

I nodded back as I took a sip of my coffee, leaning against the counter and trying to wake myself up.

"Where's Z?" Liam asked as they all took a seat at the table.

"He was going for lunch with Rach, said he might pop by later." Brian shrugged as he gathered the cards and shuffled them.

"Oh man, I'm so stoked. A night with the boys, all six of us like old times." Liam practically beamed.

"Well, five. Styles has plans. He needs a break for the night." Niall said as he shot me a soft smile. "But we'll have a good night and maybe one night this week we can all go for dinner or something."

"Sounds good." Louis smiled.

"Well you two better enjoy your weekend, you start work Monday morning. 6am." I said as I finished my coffee and put the cup in the dishwasher.

The both looked at me and nodded, remembering they had both agreed as a condition of staying with me. Brian started to deal out the cards as I headed to my room to gather a couple things to stay at Hannah's. The thought of seeing her was enough to make a smile spread across my face and simultaneously make my jeans a little tighter. I threw my toothbrush and some clothes into a backpack, grabbed my wallet and my keys and headed back to the kitchen.