Killing It

Hannah's POV

I stormed up the stairs as Harry followed me, knowing he was in shit but not wanting to make a scene in front of my parents. I stomped into my room and he followed, closing the door behind him as he looked at me guiltily.

"Really, Harry? You couldn't go five days without punching someone?!" I snapped.

"Baby, I'm sorry. The guy hit your dad, what was I supposed to do? Just stand there?"

I stood in front of him with my arms crossed, hating that my anger was already fading at the sight of him looking so sorry.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I would never purposely try to cause a problem. I swear I was only trying to defend your dad, the guy was being a proper dick and I wanted to punch him but I didn't. Then he hit your dad and I had to do something. I didn't even know he was Luke's dad until Luke showed up."

"Great, so you kicked Luke's ass too?" I scoffed.

"Well, no actually. I didn't even touch Luke..." He said slowly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I pulled his dad off your dad. When he showed up I was already going to town on his dad's face and he tried to pull me off him, but your dad kinda pulled him off me and took a couple shots at him before I got up and pulled him off." He said, doing his best to hide his smirk but failing miserably.

"So what is this? Some kinda of stupid male bonding thing I just don't understand? You two have to get into a fight to bond?"

He took a step towards me and placed his hand on the side of my face.

"Baby, I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me, I can't stand it. And I really need you to stop being mad at me because I have to tell you something that's really fucked up and I know I didn't handle it well and I just need to talk to you about it."

"What do you mean you didn't handle it well? You're freaking me out, what happened?" I asked as I ran through all the possible scenarios in my head.

"Say you forgive me first." He smirked.

"Harry, tell me."

"Say it."

"Okay, fine I forgive you for acting like a caveman and getting yourself thrown in jail the day before Christmas Eve, and by the way you and my dad aren't allowed to hang out without supervision anymore."

"Deal. Now tell me you love me, cause I really need to hear it," He said as he rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you. You're really freaking me out here. Please just tell me."

He took my hand and pulled me over to the bed, sitting down beside me as he rubbed his face in his hands. I could tell he was gonna have trouble getting the words out, so I soothingly rubbed his back while he held my hand in his lap, looking down at it as he tried to gather himself.

"Your dad...he knows. He knows everything." He sighed.

"What do you mean? What's everything?"

"Apparently, he treated me once when I was taken to the ER after the guards at Tollenworth beat me. When all of the stuff started for the trial they told us there was this doctor who had built the case and ultimately proved all of the stuff that was going on there. It was your dad. Your dad is the one who had Tollenworth shut down, and he did it because of me."

I tried to let his words sink in, but I felt like there were way too many details missing. My dad and Harry knew each other? Is that why my dad was being weird towards him? What did that mean, if my dad knew about Harry's past I knew he wouldn't judge him but would it change things?