No Regrets

Hannah's POV

I held Harry's hand as we walked through the parking lot towards my apartment. He was obviously tense, and I knew whatever this whole necklace thing meant was eating at him. It was yet another thing that had surfaced from his past and I could physically see the battle within him as he struggled to not push me away. It was obvious to me that he was trying, but I couldn't help but wonder how long he'd be able to hold off his demons until they tried to get rid of me.

I was trying to do whatever I could to comfort him, judging by the details I'd got from Brian and the way Harry had reacted at the very mention of Griff's name I knew that whatever happened that night had been haunting him ever since. I was hoping that whatever the thing was with the necklace was the end of it, that someone had just been playing some kind of sick joke on them and now it would just be the end of it. Wishful thinking I guess, because everything in me was telling me this was a part of something much bigger.

I knew that it wasn't the necklace that was bothering him, it was the fact that I'm the one who found it, and it was at my house. If Harry had found it on his own front door I'm sure he would have thought it was odd and been pissed about it too, but it was the idea of whoever this was seemingly involving me in this little game that was really stressing him out. There was no guarantee that I was who they wanted to find it though. As Brian said, he and Harry are both there a lot and it could have been left for either one of them. I agree that the fact that Harry was the one who took it and buried it made Harry the most likely target though, which was why it was so strange that it wasn't left at his place for him to find.

I sighed as we entered the apartment, it had been a long day and it was nice to be home. We'd had such an amazing time at the cabin and it really sucked that all of this stuff had suddenly overshadowed it. I threw myself down on the couch as Ash pulled off her boots and the boys put our bags in our rooms. Harry came and sat down beside me and I cuddled into him, hoping I could do more to ease his mind as I laced my fingers between his. Ash and Brian joined us in the living room a few minutes later, both letting out a deep sigh as they sat. We sat in silence for a few minutes, none of us knowing what to say, before Brian finally spoke up.

"Anyone hungry? We could order dinner?" He suggested.

"I don't think I can eat right now, but you guys should order something. You need to eat, babe." Harry said as he looked down at me.

"So do you." I smiled softly as I kissed his cheek and he rolled his eyes.

"I'll see what we've got for menus." Brian said as he stood up and head to the kitchen.

I heard him rummaging through the drawers in the kitchen before he started to call out to us.

"Okay I've got Chinese, Indian, Greek, oh what about-" He stopped speaking and we all looked at each other.

We couldn't see him from where we were sitting so we all sat waiting for him to continue.

"What about what, babe?" Ashley laughed.

"Styles..." Brian said slowly as I looked over at Harry, who got up off the couch and headed to the kitchen.

Ash and I followed him as we entered the kitchen to see Brian standing frozen, staring at the kitchen table. I watched Harry as he followed Brian's eye line to see what he was looking at, realization crossing his face as he noticed what had made Brian stop speaking mid-sentence.

"What?" Ash asked as she entered the kitchen.

I looked at the table, where the two dozen roses were still sitting in the vase I'd put them in before we left. I forgot Ashley hadn't been there for the conversation regarding the flowers Harry hadn't sent me, and I suddenly knew exactly what both the boys were thinking. I silently cursed the universe for the fact that this was happening, knowing this was just another thing that would tell Harry's instincts that he had to push me away to protect me.