The Truth Shall Set You Free

Hannah's POV

I laid awake, tracing the tattoos on Harry's chest as he slept and trying to figure out how I was ever gonna find a solution to the problem that had been eating at me. There was no way I could not tell him that Luke was the one who attacked Gemma, he would never forgive me if he found out I knew. Even if I could guarantee he would never find out, the guilt alone would force me to tell him. Trust was the one thing that Harry and I both valued the most, and I knew if I started to hide things from him now we were doomed. If I found out he kept something like that from me I don't even know what I would do, so it wasn't a question of whether or not to tell him, but how.

I loved him too much to put our relationship in jeopardy, to risk losing the trust and faith he had placed in me after knowing how hard that was for him. I knew he would be pissed that I'd even kept it from him this long already and didn't tell him the second I found out. Gemma begged me not to, and I understood why, but the guilt was already killing me. Besides, having Harry leave in the middle of Christmas dinner with my parents to go commit murder wasn't exactly the holiday I had in mind. I knew he'd be pissed at her too, but she was his sister, he would forgive her eventually. I had a lot more to lose.

I had to ensure that he wouldn't act on his anger, even if that meant I had to trick him into promising me again. He had been dying for a reason to go after Luke since the first time he met him, and aside from the fact that he'd been harassing me, Harry would literally kill him if he knew what he did to Gemma. I had gone over every scenario, any possible way I could tell him without him going after Luke, and none of them seemed like good ideas. It was a lose-lose for me, if I don't tell him and he finds out he'll never forgive me and I would lose him, if I tell him and he murders Luke I'd lose him when he got sent to jail for the rest of his life.

It felt like my only option was to just tell him and pray that I could convince him not to go after Luke. Making him promising me before-hand was my best option but I knew it would be difficult since last time I did that he hated it. The only thing I knew for sure was that every second that ticked by that I didn't tell him gave him more and more reason to be mad at me, so I had to do it and I had to do it fast. I felt panic set in at the thought of losing him, and before I knew it I had worked myself into enough of a frenzy that I was shaking him and trying to wake him up.

"Harry, babe wake up." I pleaded, just needing to get the words out before I lost my nerve.

My heart was racing as I tried to wake him up, convinced that if I didn't tell him right at that moment that I would lose him. It was irrational, I know, but the guilt had been eating at me for two full days and I just couldn't take it anymore.

His eyes shot open and he lifted his head to look at me immediately.

"Baby? What's the matter?" He said as he put his hand on the side of my face, looking at me before scanning my body to make sure I wasn't bleeding or something. "Hannah, what is it? What's wrong?"

I suddenly lost all my nerve now that he was awake and looking at me, and I felt a tear escape my eye at how frustrated I was that there was no right answer. It didn't matter what I did, as soon as I told him he was going to be mad at me and I just couldn't stand the thought.

"I-I have to tell you something..." I stuttered as he wiped the tear from my cheek with his thumb, sitting up in bed to look directly at me.

"Okay, tell me. Tell me what's wrong, baby." He said softly as I fidgeted with my hands in my lap.

"I don't...I don't know if I can, I'm scared." I sniffled.

"Baby, you can tell me anything...you don't ever have to be scared, just talk to me."