Reunion

Hannah's POV

"Gem?" Liam said from the door way of the kitchen as we all turned to look at him.

The look on his face was one I couldn't pinpoint. He looked shocked to see her, but there was something else in his eyes that was clear as day. Love.

I looked over at Harry, who did not look the least bit happy as Gemma threw her arms around him and hugged him, immediately starting to cry. I looked around the table, trying to figure out what was going on, to find Niall and Brian sighing deeply and stealing glances at Harry to gauge his reaction.

"Shhhh. It's okay. Please don't cry." Liam said softly as he ran his fingers through her hair, holding her like he hadn't seen her in years.

Harry watched them carefully, very unsure about their interaction, before he looked over at me and sighed as he shook his head. Gemma pulled away from Liam and sniffled as he brought his hand up to the side of her face, getting a look at her for the first time. His face immediately shifted when he was the fading bruises that were finally starting to heal on her face.

"What the fuck?" He said as he immediately looked over at Harry, then back to Gemma. "Gem, what happened?" He asked in a panic.

When she didn't answer, Liam looked around the table for answers before Brian spoke up.

"Her ex-boyfriend beat the shit out of her." He sighed.

"What?!" He snapped as he looked around the table and then back at her for confirmation.

"Liam, please. It's fine. It's over." Gemma said softly as she reached up and cupped his face in her hands.

"We were gonna take care of it, but she called fucking spaps." Niall said, his irritation over the argument still fresh in his voice.

Liam looked angry, ready to kill someone, before he looked back down at her. After a few seconds of studying her face, his expression softened and he ran his fingertips along her cheek. Harry looked visibly uncomfortable as he shifted in his chair, looking as if he was trying to restrain himself from something.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I let this happen. This is my fault." He said, his words laced with the guilt he was feeling. "This never would have happened if I was around. If I hadn't fucked everything up."

Gemma looked down at the floor between them, visibly uncomfortable with the subject at hand before Harry spoke up.

"Liam, why don't you go see if Tommo's up." He said, the tone in his voice more commanding than suggestive.

Liam looked over at him and sighed before nodding. He looked back down at Gemma and hesitated before kissing her on the forehead and disappearing down the hall. Before Harry could even say anything, Gemma spoke.

"Please don't start, Harry." She sighed.

"I won't say it, Gem. But I think you should go." He said, his tone was loving but stern.

Tears pooled in her eyes again as Harry got up from his chair and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her head and holding her close to him with his arms around her neck. He soothingly rubbed her back as she sniffled into his chest and lovingly laid kisses to her head.

"I'll call you later, okay?" He said as he pulled away to look at her and she nodded. "I love you, donut." He said softly as he wiped a tear from her cheek.

"Love you too. Bye guys." She said as she sniffled and waved at us before leaving the kitchen.

Harry sat back in his chair, letting out a huge sigh that was laced with frustration as Brian reached over and grabbed his shoulder, squeezing it softly in reassurance.