Firsts

Harry's POV

I stood in the kitchen, looking over at Hannah as her and the girls pulled out all the decorations, and couldn't help but laugh to myself at their excitement.

"So, Styles. I hear you're gonna be joining us for dinner at the Johnson household this year." Brian laughed as he threw his arm over my shoulder. "Are you shitting yourself or what?"

"Yep." I laughed as I brought my glass up to my mouth and took a sip.

"Fuck, I remember the first time I had dinner at Rachel's parents. I thought I was gonna puke." Zayn sighed and shook his head as he recalled the memory.

"Well...Liv asked me to go to her parent's too, I'm proper scared." Niall laughed nervously.

"Liv's parents also make an appearance at Hannah's every year, so looks like at least the three of us will be together." Brian shrugged.

"Four." Liam piped up. "Hannah invited Gemma and I, and Gem thinks she needs to go to keep an eye on Harry." He sighed.

"That's Christmas day though, apparently Hannah goes home a couple days before and Christmas Eve is a whole event too, so I'll be on my own for a while before any of you show up." I sighed.

"You'll be alright. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's fucking terrifying, but Hannah's parents are pretty cool. Once you get over the initial awkwardness you'll be fine. And she'll be there, she'd not gonna feed you to the wolves." Brian laughed.

"Yeah, Ashley's parents seemed cool actually. We met them earlier." I shrugged.

"They're dope. I hang out with her dad all the time. Actually, Hannah's dad's a big golfer. We've been golfing quite a bit. He's hilarious. Her mom is a sweetheart, total cliché mom like baking cookies and shit. She'll try to feed you and take care of you, it's a little weird at first when you're not used to it. But they're good people. I mean, they raised Hannah, she's like them."

I nodded, feeling a bit better about it. I was gonna have to meet them eventually, no reason in putting it off. I just didn't realize it would be days at a time staying in their house, but if Brian and Zayn can do it, so can I.

"Babe, get in here!" Hannah yelled from the living room and I smiled to myself.

I made my way over to them, seeing they had all the decorations spread out for us to use, and Liv held out a plate of cookies in front of me.

"Cookies?" I laughed.

"Yes, I made cookies. You eat them while you decorate, it's a thing." She smiled.

I took a cookie and thanked her before she held the plate out and each of the boys took one. The girls all sat on the couch and looked up at us as we stood there wondering what we were supposed to do.

"Decorate you knobs! Get goin!" Ashley called out, waving her hands at us as if shooing us towards the tree.

"Gemma, you get up there too!" Hannah said as she pushed Gem off the couch towards me.

"I've decorated a tree before, last year. So I get to sit." Brian said as he plunked himself down on the couch.

"Me too, Rach made me." Zayn laughed as he sat beside Brian.

I stood there looking at Gemma, Niall and Liam as Hannah hit the button for the Christmas music and it started to flow through the speakers. Niall shrugged and picked up a silver ball and walked over to the tree, putting it on near the middle. Gemma picked up some tinsel and threw it at me before walking over and starting to place pieces strategically around the tree. Hannah was beaming at me and I laughed to myself as I picked up an icicle looking thing and put it on the tree. I looked over at Liam as he put something onto a branch and smiled at Gemma, who was smiling back at him. For a minute, I thought about what it would have been like if we'd been a normal family, if Liam was just my sister's boyfriend who came over on Christmas and helped us decorate the tree while our parents made cookies and we listened to Christmas music. The thought brought a smile to my face, and I realized that those moments while we decorated our first tree was probably the closest we'd ever get to that.