Brian's Birthday

Hannah's POV

I hadn't really heard much from Harry since the night of the fair, which was now almost a week ago. He'd sent me a few texts asking how my day went, but the conversation always seemed to die after a text or two. It just reaffirmed my belief that he wasn't interested, even though everyone kept insisting to me that he was. I knew I would see him tonight, as we were all going out for Brian's birthday to a local pub.

I wasn't sure how I felt about seeing him, since I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel. I really had felt a connection to him, and I really did want him to kiss me that night, but he didn't and I had never been the type to chase after someone if they weren't interested. I seemed to only do that when I was in a relationship with someone who treated me like shit, then I'd hang on for dear life like an idiot apparently.

I also kept reminding myself that I'd only known the guy a couple of weeks, so the fact I was even debating this was ridiculous. Maybe I had just been excited at the prospect of dating again after the nightmare I'd been through with Luke, and maybe Harry was just the first guy I happened to find. Either way, it didn't really matter because we were just friends no matter what anyone else said.

"Lookin good, Johnson." Niall whistled as I walked into the living room after I got ready for Brian's party.

"Always the flirt, aren't ya." I laughed as I ruffled his hair.

"Hey, I'm just sayin. If Styles doesn't take ya home I will." He winked as he took a swing of his beer and I heard Brian yell at him from the kitchen.

"Cool it, Nialler." He said as he entered the room and sat down in the lounge chair. Niall held his hands up in defense before shooting me a smile. I just laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Niall, Olivia's gonna be there tonight. You're gonna love her." I smiled as I slid my heels on.

"Well we'll find out won't we?" He laughed.

Ash and I finished getting ready and the four of us had a couple of drinks before making our way to the pub where we met Zayn, Rachel, Olivia and a few of Brian's other friends. I embarrassingly did scan the room for Harry, but he didn't seem to be there yet. Maybe he wasn't coming.

I introduced Niall to Liv and made my way over to the bar to grab Ash and I some drinks while they got a table. I ordered some drinks and was waiting at the bar when I felt a hand firmly placed on my ass. I ignored it for a second, thinking maybe it was an accident, before I felt a definite squeeze. I turned around to find some douche staring at me, grinning like he was pleased with himself.

"Can I help you?" I snapped as I whipped myself around to face him, promptly removing his hand from my ass.

"You've got a nice ass, what can I say?" He grinned. What a creep. "Let me buy you a drink, gorgeous. You can pay me back later." He smiled as he ran his hand down my arm and I physically cringed.

"She doesn't look interested, mate." I heard a deep, familiar voice say to my left and I turned up to see Harry eyeing the guy as he continued to run his hand down my arm.

"I'm not." I snapped as I slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me."

"Oh come on, don't be like that." He said as he brought his hand up to touch my face.

"She asked you not to touch her." Harry said, moving towards us and stepping between us, shielding me with his body and placing his hand behind him on my hip to make sure I stayed behind him. My skin was on fire at his touch as his fingers rested on my side.

"I'm pretty sure she was fine with it before you showed up. Step off." The guy said, leaning forward bringing his face closer to Harry's.

"I really don't think you wanna do that, mate." I heard someone say to my left and turned to see Zayn and Brian standing next to Harry, also glaring at the guy. Harry nodded his head towards them and Brian took my arm and moved me back behind all three of them.