Where's My Peanut

Harry's POV

Hank and Maci giggled from the back seat as Hannah told them all about all of the fun things they were gonna do to get ready for Santa. They were so excited, it was refreshing to be able to see Christmas from the eyes of children. I smiled to myself as I watched her interact with them, telling them about Santa's reindeer and what they like to eat. It was a bit educational for me as well, it's not like anyone told me stories about Santa or his reindeer as a kid.

She gave me directions as we drove down the streets of her home town, which was just as I'd pictured it. There were rows and rows of nice houses, with kids playing outside in the street all bundled up in their winter coats. I imagined Hannah playing outside as a kid, playing tag and getting dirty before heading in for supper when the street lights came on. The exact opposite of what my childhood was like. She motioned for me to pull in to the right and smiled over at me as I parked my car on the street in front of her parent's house.

It looked quite big from the outside, although very cozy looking. It was well taken care of, looking perfectly manicured and decorated for the holidays with all of the little touches. She reached over and grabbed my hand, squeezing it softly as I began to feel nervous again.

"I love you." She smiled as she leaned over and kissed my cheek. "If I forget to say it later, thank you for coming. It means a lot to me."

"Me too, bird. I just want to make you happy." I said as I leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to her lips, which caused the twins to erupt in giggles in the back seat.

"Alright you little monkeys, should we go inside?" Hannah laughed as they both let out an enthusiastic cheer.

Hannah unbuckled Hank from his car seat as I grabbed Maci, telling me to leave the stuff in the car and we could grab it later. I felt two little arms wrap around my leg as I pulled Maci out of her car seat and held her in my arms, looking down to see Hank had attached himself to me.

"Harry, up!" He said as he held his arms up.

Hannah laughed as I shifted Maci to my hip and reached down to grab Hank, shaking her head as she led the way into the house while they both wrapped their arms around my neck. I took a deep breath as we approached the door and Hannah turned back to look at me. I nodded at her, signaling I was as ready as I'd ever be, before she pushed the door open and we stepped inside.

It was warm. Not just in temperature in contrast to outside, but cozy. It felt like a home. It was like you could feel love in the walls, memories floating around. I smiled to myself thinking about Hannah running around when she was Hank and Maci's age.

"Mom?" Hannah called out as we made our way through the living room.

"I'm in the kitchen!" A voice called from down the hall.

We made our way down the hall to find Hannah's mom in the kitchen, in an apron and baking cookies. I smirked to myself at how cliché it was, and saw Hannah chuckle out of the corner of my eye. Her mom's face lit up the second she saw us, a bright and welcoming smile crossing her face as she practically skipped over to us.

"Oh, my darlings! I'm so glad you're finally here!" She said as she wrapped her arms around Hannah, squeezing her tightly and rocking her back and forth.

"Now you two didn't give Auntie Han and Uncle Harry too much trouble did you?" She said playfully as she poked each of the twins.

I smiled over at Hannah at the reference to me being 'Uncle Harry' and she just laughed.

"We were good Auntie Carol, promise." Hank said confidently as he laid his head down on my shoulder.

"Looks like you've made some friends quite quickly, Harry." She smiled at me. "Now put them down so I can get a proper hug."