Roadtrip

Hannah's POV

"So just exactly how fancy is this thing?" Gemma asked as we looked through the rows of dresses in what felt like the millionth store that day.

"Harry said they told him it's formal, he has to wear a tux." I giggled to myself.

The thought of Harry in a tux with his little dimples was adorable the way I pictured it, but it only took about two more seconds for me to realize how sexy he'd probably look. I would never understand how he could go from one to the other in a matter of seconds.

"I still can't believe he won already, this is so crazy." She beamed, obviously extremely proud of him.

My phone rang in my purse and I pulled it out, a smile immediately crossing my face when I saw it was my dad.

"Hi, Daddy." I answered, excited to talk to him.

"Hey, Peanut! What are you up to?"

"I'm just shopping, trying to find a dress for Harry's awards dinner." I said as I picked up a pair of shoes and inspected them.

"Ahhh yes, the infamous Harry." He chuckled. "What is this awards dinner thing?"

"He's getting an award. He won the Entrepreneur of the Year award this year for his business." I said proudly.

"Wow. Impressive. I hear you're bringing him home for Christmas? Or so your mother tells me."

"Yep. So be nice." I laughed.

"I'm always nice. Besides, if I pretended I didn't hate Luke for four years I can pretend I don't hate this one too." He chuckled.

"You won't have to pretend, Dad. You'll love him, he's amazing."

"Well he sounds like quite an impressive young man, Peanut. I trust your judgment, and yes I'm sure we will all love him. Bruce said he seemed like a nice kid when you guys ran into them the other day. When are you coming home?"

"Harry and I are both gonna head down on Tuesday. Oh, and can you remind Mom that his sister and her boyfriend are coming for dinner on Christmas Day too? I already told her but just double check she didn't forget."

"Will do, baby girl. Anyways, I was calling to see if you'd mind picking up something for me on your way down so I don't have to make the drive." He asked as I shook my head at the dress Gemma was holding up.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Hank and Maci...."

"The twins? Why? Where's Emma?"

"Well she needed some extra time without the kids to get organized before she came down, so your mother and I offered to take the twins until she got here, but you're already heading down and it saves me four hours of driving to go get them."

Emma was my cousin, and Hank and Maci were her three year old twins. They were absolutely adorable, but they could be a handful and I had no idea how Harry was with kids. Two hours in a car with two three year olds might be hell for him, but my parents did a lot for me and rarely asked me for anything so I felt like it was the least I could do.

"Sure, Harry and I can grab them. I'll text Em and sort it out."

"Are you sure? I can make the drive if it's a problem." He said, not wanting to be a bother.

"No, no. We'll get them. No problem, Daddy."

"Okay thanks, Peanut. Let me know if anything comes up, I can always just come get them myself."