All On The Table

Harry's POV

I barrelled down the hall to Liam's room and flung the door open to find him flailing around on his bed, throwing his fists around violently as he screamed. I threw myself on top of him, grabbing his arms and trying to hold them in place as I tried to wake him up.

"Payno, wake up!!" I yelled as Hannah appeared in the doorway, looking terrified. "WAKE UP!!" I screamed as I shook his arms and his eyes shot open with a loud gasp.

I was still practically sitting on him as he gasped for air and started to pant, completely panicked as he scanned the room until he saw my face.

"Harry?" He asked as I rolled off the bed and crouched down beside him.

"I'm right here, Payno. It was a dream, they aren't here. You're alright." I said softly as his eyes continued to scan the room expecting to find them.

"G-Gemma, where is she? Is she okay?" He asked as he frantically tried to get out of bed.

"She's fine, Liam. It was just a dream." I said calmly as he started to pace the room, fisting his hair in his hands as Hannah and I watched helplessly.

"They had her, Harry. They took her, I- I couldn't save her." He said as he continued to pace, looking at the floor as if he was trying to piece it together.

"Liam, they don't have her. She's fine, I promise. It was just a dream. They are where they belong, they can't hurt you anymore."

"I-I have to see her, I have to know she's okay." He said as he tried to leave the room but I grabbed his arm.

"I'll call her, okay. You can talk to her, just take a seat. Catch your breath. Everything is okay." I said as he sat and buried his head in his hands.

Hannah immediately came over and sat on the bed, rubbing his back soothingly as we tried to calm him down. I grabbed my phone from the living room headed back to Liam's room as I dialed her number. I wasn't happy about calling Gemma in the middle of the night, especially so she could talk to Liam, but I needed to calm him down and help clear his head so he didn't jeopardize his sobriety. The phone rang for a minute before she answered groggily.

"Haz? Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked, sounding panicked.

"I'm fine, Gem. I'm sorry I woke you up, but Liam just had a bad dream and he just needs to know you're okay." I said calmly as Liam looked at me worriedly.

"Okay, let me talk to him." She said.

I handed the phone to Liam who immediately took it and cradled it against his ear like it was a small child.

"Gem? Baby are you okay?" He asked as he immediately began to cry. "I'm so sorry. I should have been there, for all of it. I fucked it up so bad."

I could hear her soothingly talking to him as he cried and I crouched down in front of him. He was distraught, completely out of it as the three of us did whatever we could to help. We sat like that for a while before I heard my alarm beep for my front door, followed by someone entering the code. I didn't bother to even get up to look, I knew who it was.

She appeared in the doorway a few seconds later and I sighed to myself as I looked over at Hannah. I stood up as she made her way over to Liam, kneeling in front of him as he finally looked up and saw her sitting there.

"Gem?" He asked as he pulled my phone away from his ear and looked at it to see it was still connected.

She held hers up to show him she was still on the call too before she ended it and I took my phone back from Liam.