Painting

Hannah's POV

I was exhausted, my entire body was screaming for sleep but I couldn't bring myself to let it. I laid there, tears still falling from my eyes as I thought about how mad Harry was at me. I knew he would be upset, I expected him to yell and be mad that I'd made him promise before he knew, but I never would have imagined that he would take it as me having no faith in him to make his own decisions.

Obviously Harry could make smart choices, I knew how far he'd come and he was right that he'd survived this long without me. I mean, he ran his own business for Christ sake. Maybe I had underestimated his ability to make the right choice, but I also knew how much he hated what happened to Gemma and I wouldn't have blamed him for making Luke pay for it. I guess I just wasn't willing to take the chance that he might go after Luke, and that was selfish of me.

It killed me to hear him say that I'd taken advantage of his loyalty and trust in me. It killed me more to feel like he might be right. I obviously didn't think of it that way, but I made him promise because I knew he wouldn't break it, and I asked him to trust me to make the decision for him which wasn't fair. I'd tried to explain, but he was too mad to even let me say anything. He didn't want to hear it, and I couldn't really blame him.

I missed him. It hadn't even been 24 hours but I missed laying with him, feeling his arms around me. I missed the loving, gentle Harry that I was used to, but all I had was angry and hurt Harry and I had nobody to blame but myself. I could only hope that he would calm down and realize that even if I was wrong I was coming from a good place, that I would never betray him or take advantage of him. All I could do was wait.

I heard the front door open, assuming it was Brian since I'd heard him leave early that morning. Part of me thought he might be heading to Harry's since he knew everything that had happened, but I also knew that they didn't exactly talk about a lot of serious things so I had no idea. My back was to the door when I heard a soft knock before I heard it open. I sniffled and tried to compose myself, not wanting Ash to see I was still crying, before I heard the last voice I expected to.

"Can we talk?" Harry said as he stood behind me and I almost froze.

I felt the tears begin to fall from my eyes, relieved that he was there and wanted to talk, but also feeling horrible for how much I'd hurt him. I sat up and sniffled, taking a deep breath before I turned to look at him. My eyes met his for the first time since I'd left his place, and I watched his face turn to one of concern as he took a look at me.

"Oh, Bird." He said as he sat down on the bed and leaned towards me, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "Please don't cry."

"I-I'm s-so sorry." I cried. "I never meant-I..I would never hurt you on purpose."

"Baby, I know. I know that." He said as he opened his arms and pulled me into him, wrapping them around me as I cried. "It's okay, I'm sorry I yelled at you."

He kissed my head softly as I cried into his chest, so relieved that he didn't seem so mad at me anymore, but still feeling terrible.

"I ju-just wanted to keep you safe. I-I didn't want to lo-lose you." I cried as I pulled away and looked at him as he tucked my hair behind my ear. "I was wrong, I'm so sorry...I never thought you would think I don't think you can make good choices or that I treat you like a child...I-I thought I was protecting you."

"Hannah, I know. I appreciate you trying to protect me, but you can't trick me into doing what you want. I can't say I wouldn't have gone after him if I didn't promise, but honestly if you asked me not to I don't know if I could have said no to you. You didn't give me that chance."