Forgetting

edit: i wrote this when i was younger. a lot younger than i am now, so please just bare with me. i understand and you don't have to comment about it.

Sherlock struggled with the keys to get into the flat. Tears were building up in his eyes and he couldn't see the key hole. Mrs. Hudson must've heard him because she opened the door. She started to ask questions, but Sherlock pushed past her running up to the flat. He took his coat off, leaving it lifeless on the floor. Sherlock couldn't take playing this 'game' with John. One moment he needed him and the next John wanted nothing to do him. At the moment John was down at the pub. He had shouted at Sherlock because he was drunk and in a pissy mood and called him a word that he would never call him sober. A freak. Sherlock gets it that John was annoyed by him I mean, who isn't? Sherlock was tired of this kind of John. He was never home and when he was he'd always be drinking, he had lost his job at the clinic because he had never showed, and was an arse to Sherlock all the time.

One hour earlier.

Sherlock walked in, getting hit with the stench of alcohol and smoke. He spotted John at the bar working on his third beer. Sherlock walked to him, taking the beer from him and sliding it down the bar so he couldn't get it.

"Oi!" John shouted at him drunkenly. "Why'd you do that?"

"For your own good. You need to come back to the flat John." Sherlock said.

"And you need to stop acting like my mother." John replied. He called over the bartender and ordered a glass of whiskey.

"John you haven't been home in the past two days. You need to come back."

"Why? So you can just deduce all my problems? That's all you do Sherlock. You deduce everyone and everything, tearing them down like a brick wall. It needs to stop."

"But I can't."

"Oh right I forgot. You can't because your a bloody machine, Sherlock!" John's voice was filled with rage. It was drunken rage, it wasn't sober rage.

"Liver failure." Sherlock said flatly.

"What?"

"You are showing signs of liver failure. For instance, you've lost two pounds since the last time I have seen you, you have bruising all over your body, and your hand is over your abdomen, showing your in pain." Sherlock didn't admit in in his dick kind of a way, he did it in a sincere voice.

"See? A machine. That's all you ever all and that's all you'll ever be." John hissed at him.

"I'm not a machine, John." Sherlock said, looking down at his feet.

"Then what the hell are you? Maybe Donavan was right, maybe everyone at the Yard was right. You are just a freak."

Sherlock looked up at John instantly when he heard that word. He watched as John took a swig from the new beer her ordered. "I'm not." He admitted quietly.

"Yes you are. You're not a machine. You're a freak! And that's all your ever going to be. A freak with no one."

Sherlock felt the tears build up. John would always defend him if someone called him that. He believed that Shelrock was just different, not in any way a freak. Hearing that word come from him was horrendous.

John watched Sherlock walk out of the pub with a smaug look on his face. He enjoyed the rest of his beer before he realized what he had done.

Present

Sherlock laid on the couch in his mind palace. He needed to forget. He need to forget his smile, his voice, his jumper, his scent, his bright eyes, the ways he showered him in compliments. He needed to forget. Sherlock ran through the halls of his mind palace, looking for the room of John. It was filled with every memory, every moment, every thing about John.

The voice inside of Sherlock's head spoke, "Would you like to remove this file?" It sounded like John.

Sherlock hesitated. He looked around, taking in all the memories he had with John. He loved him and now, he was going to erase every thing about him.

"Yes, yes. Remove everything about the man named, John Watson."

"Remove. The person named 'John Watson' will be removed forever. Are you sure you would like to do this?"

He was hesitant once more. He watched the memory of the first time he had met John at Saint Bart's. He watched the way his eyes dilated when he saw him. It was painful knowing the love between them, but they didn't express it.

"Yes," Sherlock said.

"Removing 'John Watson'."

Sherlock watched as every memory vanished before him. It was now just an empty white space in his mind palace. He snapped out of his trance when he heard the door open.

"What are you doing here?" Sherlock asked.

"Sherlock I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you a freak. I'm deeply sorry."

"Who are you and why would you be sorry for calling me a freak?" Sherlock was confused. "And what are you doing in my flat?"

John was even more confused. Had he been able to forget everything about him in the past thirty minutes?

"It's me, John."

"Sorry, don't know a John."

He did. He was able to forget everything about John in thirty minutes. This was his chance. This was his chance to start over again. He has been treating Sherlock like a peice of shit for the past few weeks and this was his chance to start over and have a new impression on Sherlock.

"I'm sorry," John said. "Would you like to have dinner with me? I know a great Italian place," John smiled.

"Why would you be asking me to have dinner?"

"Alright, fine. It was just a suggestion." John turned to go out of the flat.

"Wait!" Sherlock said, getting up from the couch and getting his coat off the floor. "Show the way," He smiled.

John smiled and walked of the flat with John behind him.

A/N: I wanted this to be sad, but it didn't work. Any who, I've been debating whether or not to do one shots and I finally did. I proof read this and I realized how terrible it was. Hope you people like it.
word count: 1,042