first kiss.

i was goimg to publish this on valentine's day, but that's not me so you can have it now.

it was on a warm summer day and the boys were up to what they normally did; they ran off to the lake on the holmes' estate with molly and greg, leaving all worries behind. it was a beautiful lake that they went to almost every day, needing a good cool down and the lake was the perfect place. there was a very large, strudy oak tree on the edge of the lake, so the got a ladder and a rope and john and greg created a rope swing. as they neared the lake, john took off his shirt, revealing his perfect, sun-kiss body before he sprinted off the small dock and into the water, greg following shortly after. molly was after them, leaving sherlock alone on the shore. he wasn't that much of a swimmer, mainly because it involved him taking his shirt off and he didn't want his friends to see the pale skelton he really was underneath his layers. the only time he took off his shirt to swim was one night when john stayed over and they came out to the lake for a night swim. john couldn't see sherlock's body, so he took his shirt off and got in the water with the blond boy, loving the feeling of the cool water on his pale skin.

sherlock sat and watched john's head break the surface of the water, smiling widely as he ran a hand through his hair. "come on, sherlock!" he called for his best friend. "the water isn't going to bite!" the blond boy stood in the water, barely being able to keep his chin above the surface.

"i'm good." sherlock responded with a timid smiled. he watched the other boy frown then swim off with greg to the oak tree, molly following behind them. his friends were absolute idiots. john and greg climbed up to the top branch of the oak, which was pretty high up. john was first. he stood up on the branch, slowly, keeping his arms out for balance then he looked down at the brunette, smirking at him. he jumped off the branch, shouting with glee, landing with a giant splash in the water. he came up smiling and laughing, telling greg to jump. greg jumped, not really coordinating himself and landing in the water on his stomach with a smack, causing the other three to laugh at him.

molly and greg left as the sun started to set, leaving john and sherlock at the lake. once they were out of sight, sherlock got up from the spot he was sitting and lifted the baggy tank top off he was wearing, dropping it in the grass. he ran off the dock and did a perfect dive into the water, john watching him with every move he took. sherlock was beautiful to john. the way his swim trunks barely held onto his boney hips, how he had a slight tan from spending all hours of the day out side, how that amazing bush of brown cruls sat upon his head with his stupidly perfect cheekbones that made his complection just... john didn't know what it was about his best friend, but he wanted to grab him and kiss those pink cupid bow lips, just once. just one time to taste that sweet summer taste with a little mixture of the lake water with a hint nicotine.

"how come you only swim after they leave?" john asked as he swam the small distance over to his friend.

sherlock looked at him and ran a hand through his hair, silking back the now wet curls. he shrugged, "i don't like being shirtless in front of them. and swimming with a shirt makes you feel like you're sinking." sherlock stated before he disappeared under the water. he swam around john then appeared behind him, splashing him from behind, then disappearing again.

john laughed and watched for the boy. he was good at swimming. he could hold his breath for almost two minutes and you could never hear him coming. john smiled when he noticed sherlock climbing onto the shore next to the oak tree. he watched the pale boy climb up the ladder and grab to rope, standing on the small platform they made. "do a flip!" john called out.

sherlock smiled and jumped of the small platform, waiting until he was over the deep spot to let go, doing a back flip, sticking the landing. he came up and john was cheering and clapping for him as he swam over to him.