i do (not)

"you should get going soon." sherlock said softly into the head of blond hair.

john sighed and sat up, looking down at sherlock. "when will she be gone again?" he asked.

sherlock shrugged and rubbed john's back. "the wedding is next month, so she'll be here more often."

"so we won't be together until the stag night?" he asked and looked into his lap.

sherlock sat up and kissed the nape of john's neck. "i'm sorry, love." he said sadly. "i wish it didn't have to be like this."

"oh i'm sure." john said sarcastically then stood from bed. he went around the room, picking up his articles of clothing and putting them on as sherlock watched.

"you know i have to do this, john." sherlock said.

"you don't have to do anything. you can just leave her." john said and sat on the edge of the bed, putting on his shoes.

"we've been over this."

"oh, right." john said and stood up. "your parents are still the old fashion couple that choose the bride for their son, and their entire life choices. i'm sorry, i forgot." he said and grabbed his coat off the chair before walking out of the bedroom. as he was walking to the front door, janine walked through, smiling at her fiancee's best friend.

"hey, john," she smiled. "where's sherly?" she asked.

john forced a smile back. he hated when she called sherlock those rediculous names. "in his study, we were talking over plans for the stag night."

with that, sherlock came down the steps, fully dressed. he went over to janine and kissed her cheek, standing next to her. john felt his heart shatter into a million pieces as he saw janine kiss sherlock. he's seen them do it a thousand times, but each time just got worse a worse.

john cleared his throat, "i should get going."

sherlock nodded. "yeah. i'll text you about that thing." he said and watched john.

"you know, i don't think you need to, i made up my mind." john said and walked around the couple and to the door.

"you sure?" sherlock asked eagerly as he turned around.

"yep." john said flatly then left.

sherlock ran a hand through his hair and pulled at it with anger. he was finally losing john. he was losing him and it hurt like hell.

"babe, can you take my bags upstairs?" janine asked. "i am exhasuted." she said then started for the stairs.

"yeah." sherlock said softly, grabbing the two bags that sat at the door. he went up the stairs after his fiancee and followed her into the bedroom where the bed was put back together and clean. he set the bags down next to the closet. "i'll be in the study." he said then left, closing the door.

What was that?

What was what?

What the hell did you mean when you said that earlier?

That means I don't care when Janine leaves again, I'm not doing this any more.

Can you call me?

So we can talk this through?

No.

John, please.

I'm not doing it any more, Sherlock. I'm done.

John come on.

Can we please talk about this?