hamish pt. 2

john left the hospital once hamish was stable, going back home to check on roise and to get clean clothes for him and sherlock. when he walked into the house, mycroft was sitting at the dining room table with greg, talking.

"how is he?" greg asked, watching john.

"he's stable, but in a coma." john said. "how's rosie?" he asked.

"she locked herself in hamish's room." greg said. "poor girl cried herself to sleep."

john nodded. "thank's for watching her." he said then went up the steps, stopping in front of hamish's door. he tried the knob, but it was locked, so he went to the hall bathroom and grabbed one of rosie's bobby pins. he stuck the bobby pin in the key hole and jiggled it around until the lock clicked and he was able to open the door. he walked over to his sleeping daughter and ran a hand through her hair, pushing it out of her face. "rosie." he said softly.

rosie's eyes fluttered opened and she sat up quickly. "can i see him?"

"you can tomorrow, promise. uncle greg and mycroft are going to stay here with you tonight."

"are you not staying?" rosie asked.

john shook his head. "i'm going back to the hospital. i just came to check on you and to get some clean clothes for your father and i."

"when will you get me tomorrow?" rosie asked softly.

"probably around nine." john said and stood up. "come on, let's get you in bed."

roise stood up and john pulled her in for a hug, kissing her head. she started crying and john held her closer, trying not to cry himself.

"it's alright, love. everything is going to be fine." john said softly, comforting his daughter. "hamish is fine, he's going to be okay, and you're going to be okay too, alright?"

rosie sniffled and looked up at her dad, nodding.

john gave her a soft smile and wiped her tears away, kissing her forehead. he helped his daughter to her room and made sure she was in bed before going to the bathroom, taking a bucket and the bleach with him. he soaked a towel in the bleach and then set it over the dried blood, staring at it for a while before going to his and sherlock's bedroom. he changed into some clean clothes and grabbed sherlock some as well, taking a minute to himself before leaving.

when he got back to the hospital, he gave sherlock the bag of clothes then sat down in chair next to his son. he knew he was going to do it, that's why he wanted him to come downstairs for dinner. hamish looked so much like sherlock and it took john back to the day when sherlock got hurt on a case and he was lying in the hospital bed, yelling at the nurses and doctors. but now, it was his son. his son was lying in the bed in a coma after he tried to kill himself because of the bullying at school. hamish never talked about it. not even the day john had to pick him up from school. he's been quiet ever since. he only smiled or laughed when his sister was around him. it warmed john's heart knowing that they had a typical brother sister reationship, but they also had that connection. they had the connection where it didn't matter how bad the situation was, they still made each other smile. john smiled, remembering the time when rosie was trying to fit in with the other girls at school and it wrecked her, and hamish was there to help her. he sat his sister down and talked to her, making her more confident in herself. then they went shopping, getting rosie a wardrobe that she wanted and making her look the way she wanted.

"you're smiling." sherlock said as he sat next to his husband.

"yeah." john said as he sat back in his seat, looking at sherlock. "i was remembering when hamish helped rosie find herself."