fire crackers

this was requested by Howzie_ and may i say it took me thirty minutes to write and i am proud of it and i am thankful that she requested this. (btw still takin requests and i need some because i have no ideas, so feel free to message me)

sherlock sat at the kitchen table doing god knows what while john sat in his chair typing up their latest case. he's gotten used to sherlock's experiments, but preferred it when he did them while he was at the clinic so he didn't have to bear the mess. it was quiet, except john's typing, which was awfully loud and annoying, and then a loud "shit!" came from the kitchen and a bunch of loud bangs started to go off. john jumped out of his chair, breaking his laptop. he turned around quickly and saw the kitchen was filled with smoke. another loud bang went off and john flinched, backing up slowly to the wall. another one went off and john jumped this time, closing his eyes, taking deep breaths. the smoke started filling the flat and the smoke alarms went off, making john loose it. it sounded just like a warning siren. 

"fuck!" sherlock shouted. the was a quick second where john heard glass shattering and then multiple bangs came, one right after the other. john sunk to the floor and put his face in his knees, covering his ears. the noises only got louder to him. he stared breathing heavily which soon turned into john trying to catch his breath, but he couldn't. the loud bangs stopped, but the smoke alarm was still going off. 

"make it stop!" john cried. "make it stop!" he started rocking back and forth, pulling at his hair and squeezing his eyes shut as tight as he could.

sherlock quickly stood on a chair and ripped the smoke alarm out of the ceiling, making the noise stop. he jumped off quickly and ran over to john, holding him. "i'm so sorry." sherlock said. "i didn't mean to do that."

john wrapped his arms tightly around sherlock and cried into his shoulder.

sherlock sat on the ground, pulling john into his lap. he held him like a baby, rubbing his back gently, trying to calm him down. "i didn't mean to set those off," sherlock said. "i'm so sorry," he kept repeating. john must be terrified. he just got over his ptsd and sherlock probably just brought it back. he really didn't mean to set all those firecrackers off, it was just and experiment, but he forgot to put them away one he was done and then he had an open flame and all hell broke loose. and the alarm must've scared the shit out of him. john was trembling in sherlock's hold. he jumped when he felt sherlock, but when he realized who it was, he latched onto him.

john looked at sherlock, eyes red and cheeks puffy from crying. "don't do that ever again." john said sternly. 

"i didn't mean too, i swear john."

"i know." john said softly and stood up.

sherlock stood up with john, towering over him. "do you want a cuppa or something?"

john let out a shaky breath. "cuppa would be nice." 

sherlock nodded and walked to the kitchen. john sat down in sherlock's chair, watching him. when the kettle was on, sherlock started cleaning up his mess, muttering things to himself. when the kettle started screaming, sherlock quickly took it off the stove and got two mugs.

"i really am sorry, john." sherlock said, giving john his mug.

"i know you are and you don't have to keep apologizing." john took the mug and thanked him.

sherlock nodded and sighed and went back into the kitchen, continuing to clean his mess.