Happy Birthday Grandpa

Rosie is grown up and married and she is telling John and Sherlock she is pregnant in a cute way.

Today was John's birthday, and Rosie had very special news for him, she was pregnant. She had found out last week, but decided it would be best to tell her dads in a fun way and since it was her father's birthday, she thought it would be a great birthday present for him. Rosie had gotten a card that read, "Happy Birthday Grandpa!". She thought it was cute and her husband, Matthew, thought it was cute as well.

"Rosie!" John smiled when he saw his daughter walk into the flat.

Rosie smiled, "Hi daddy." She said, giving her father a hug.

"What is it now Mr. Holmes," Matthew said, "Forty, forty-one?"

"Sixty, and Matthew you may call me John. That is my name." John said back to him.

"Where's dad?" Rosie asked.

"He should be back in a few minutes." John gestured to the sofa. "Sit, sit." Rosie set the gift bag that she was holding down and sat on the sofa and Matthew sat next to her. John went into the kitchen and came out with a cup of tea in one hand and a beer in the other, giving the beer to Rosie and the tea to Matthew.

"How have you two been?" John asked, angling his chair so he could face them.

Rosie looked over to Matthew and he gave her a slight nod. She set her tea cup down and cleared her throat. "We actually have some news for you and dad."

"What is it?"

"We won't tell you until Mr. Holmes gets here." Matthew said. That moment they heard the door shut and heavy steps come up the steps.

"Speak of the devil." John said when Sherlock walked in.

"I may be getting old, but I can still hear." Sherlock said, taking his coat and scarf off. "Hi Rosie," he smiled and walked over to her, giving her a hug and shaking Matthew's hand. He sat on the arm of John's chair.

"Rosie and Matthew have news for us." John told Sherlock.

"Really?" Sherlock said, looking at the two.

Rosie and Matthew both smiled. "Present first." she said, picking the gift bag up and walking it over to her father. She sat back down.

John took the card out first, becoming suspicious because Rosie never gives him birthday cards. He took it out of the envelope and read the decorative card. "No," he gasped. "Really?" he asked Rosie.

Rosie smiled and nodded. "Yes."

"What is it?" Sherlock asked, taking the card from John. "Rosamund this better not be a joke." Sherlock said sternly.

"It's not." John got out of his chair and went over to hug her.

"How long have you known?" John asked, smiling.

"Since last week."

"You hear that, Sherlock?" John turned to him. "We're going to be grandparents!" Sherlock laughed at how happy John was about this. He walked to him and wrapped an arm around his waist.

"I hear it," he smiled. "Have you thought about names?" Sherlock asked.

"We're not naming it Sherlock!" Rosie and Matthew said in unison. John laughed and patted Sherlock on the shoulder.

"It was worth a try," Sherlock shrugged.