roses

i really really like parent!lock if you haven't noticed yet

sherlock decided to make dinner tonight for john and rosie. he walked to the closet tesco with rosie walking beside him, holding onto his pointer and middle finger. he asked rosie what she would like for dinner and she responded with spaghetti and meatballs, so that's what sherlock got, but rosie loved riding around in the cart, so sherlock pushed her around for a bit. once they were finished, they checked out and started home.

"roses!" rosie shouted, pointing to a small street cart with a dozen bouqets of roses.

"yeah," sherlock chuckled, looking at the small girl.

"can we get daddy some?" rosie asked, pulling on sherlock's coat sleeve.

"why not?" sherlock smiled down at her.

rosie squealed with excitment and ran over to the cart, sherlock chuckled and chased after her. he set the tesco bag down and picked rosie up so she could look at the roses.

"which one?" sherlock asked.

rosie put her hands under her chin like sherlock did as she looked at all the flowers, carefully looking for the brightest ones. "those," she pointed to the bouquet in the corner.

the lady smiled at her and took the corner bouquet out, telling sherlock his total.

"let me give!" rosie said, reaching for sherlock's wallet.

sherlock chuckled and took out the exact total, giving it to rosie to give to the lady.

"here you go!" rosie smiled, giving the lady the money.

"thank you," she said, taking it and handing the roses carefully to rosie. she quickly reached under her cart and took out a roll of stickers, taking one off and showing it to rosie; it was a little bee.

"pwease!" rosie said excidedly, sticking her hand out.

the woman laughed and put the sticker on her hand, thanking them again. sherlock set rosie back on the ground and picked the tesco bag. rosie held the roses tightly as she grabbed onto sherlock's fingers again.

they made it back to the flat and rosie demanded she kept the roses with her at all times until john got home, so sherlock let her as long as she stayed at the kitchen table. when rosie heard the footsteps of john coming up the stairwell, she slid out of her chair and ran onto the landing.

"daddy!" she shouted with excitment.

john smiled and picked his daughter up. "hey sweet pea," he chuckled. "were you good today for sherlock?" john asked, tickling her tummy lightly.

"yea," she giggled. she remembered the roses and wriggled out of john's hold, running into the kitchen. "help!" she said, trying to reach the roses.

sherlock laughed and gave the roses her. she ran to john in the living room and pulled on his trousers until he turned around.

"what do you have there?" john asked, crouching down to her.

"sherwock got these for you." she said, giving her dad the bouqet.

sherlock stood behind rosie, blushing. "she asked if we could get them for you, and i said yes."

john smiled up at sherlock, standing up. "thank you. they're beautiful."

"no problem, john," sherlock smiled at him.

john took a few steps towards him and pulled him down for a kiss.

"eww!" rosie cringed.

john and sherlock pulled back, laughing. sherlock playfully growled and picked up rosie, putting her over his shoulder. while sherlock put her in her chair again, john got a vase and put the roses in it, setting it in the middle of the table. he then helped sherlock set the table.