Puppies

A/N: this is pretty short, but cute.

On Sherlock's way home from the Yard, he saw an abandoned box of puppies on the side of the road in an ally. He stopped the cab driver and got out, walking to the puppies. They were just the cutest things Sherlock had ever seen. He picked the box up, carrying it back to the cab. The cabbie refused to let him have them in the cab, so Sherlock walked the rest of the way to the flat. Of course, he was late and John had asked where he was before he even walked into the flat. Sherlock set the box of puppies on the floor and they all jumped out and ran around the flat.

"Sherlock," John said in a clam tone. "Where did all these dogs come from?" He asked.

"Well, on my way home they were in a box in an ally so I stopped and picked them up, that's why I'm late because they cabbie wouldn't drive me with a box full of puppies."

"You know what I said."

Sherlock picked up a black puppy and held it. "I know, but they're so cute. Just look at his little face." Sherlock cooed.

John sighed, "Sherlock, we can't keep eight puppies."

"But I'll take care of them! Please John, pretty please." Sherlock begged.

"No, Sherlock."

"I'll feed them and walk them and clean up after them."

"Sherlock, no."

"Can we at least keep one?"

"No."

Sherlock gave John his puppy eyes. The puppy eyes were so hard to turn down. It looked like he was about to cry.

"Fine!" John broke. "We can keep one. But we are getting rid of the rest, today."

Sherlock put the puppy he was holding down and gave John a hug, kissing him. "Thank you," He smiled.

"You better clean up after it, feed it, walk it, and take care of it."

"I will. I promise." Sherlock took out his phone and started texting some people.

Greg said he'd take a puppy. He got lonely when Mycroft wasn't home and said that a dog would keep him great company. Molly also said she'd take one. Her sister was looking for one and Molly said she'd take one as soon as she got Sherlock's text. Greg also told a few people at the Yard. They came down and picked out a puppy as well. In the end, there was one tiny little brown and white puppy left. She was the runt and Sherlock thought she was the cutest thing ever. He had named her Piper.

"John!" Sherlock called out.

John came out of their room and into the lounge. "Yes?"

"Meet Piper." Sherlock said, picking Piper up and standing up. He handed her to John and John instantly fell in love with her.

"She's so small!" John cooed. She barked and licked his face. John laughed and set her down on the floor, sitting with her.

Sherlock watched as John played with her with his hands. She'd bark at his hands and it was the cutest little bark ever. Piper would catch his fingers and chew on them with her little baby teeth. Sherlock couldn't help but to take a few photos and send them to everyone. He now had two people he loved in his life.

****
word count: 545