hamish

WARNING: TRIGGERS.

hamish stayed in the science lab during lunch, following up on an experiment they did today in class, wanting to know if he could get the acid level higher. he didn't hear the rugby team come in, he was too interested in his work to notice that they surrounded his the lab table he was sitting at. he did notice once the first guy shoved him off the stool, making him fall onto the ground.

"look what we have here." the capitan, lucas wilkes, grinned. "the local freak taking after his freak of a father."

two boys stomped on hamish's arms when he tried to get up. he had fear in his eyes as he looked up at lucas.

"my dad told me all about your father when they went to school together." lucas said as he got closer to hamish. "told me about all the deductions and how he'd beat him. now, tell me hamish, can you make deductions like your father?"

hamish dared to answer him, he knew what was coming. but a chance to embarrass lucas in front of his little gang, that was a risk hamish was willing to take. "maybe we should be calling you freak, going by the state of your breath you've eaten something, but not just anything," hamish grinned, "you've been sucking finn's prick."

lucas froze for a quick second before his fist collided with hamish's face.

the science teacher found hamish when she was getting the lab ready for her next class. she ran and got the school nurse, helping her get hamish to the station quickly.

he laid on one of those beds, hugging himself as he stared down at the floor. he heard the sound of his father's voice and then his steps neared him. "come on." john said softly, picking his son's book bag up. he helped hamish up the walked him slowly out of the school, yelling at the students that lingered in the halls to get to class.

when they got home, john helped hamish up to his room then cleaned him up a bit more. his nose was broken, both his eye were purple, his mouth was bleeding, and there were several bruises covering his body. when john finished, he left hamish alone and went back down stairs, calling sherlock to tell him how he was.

hamish stayed home for a week, then went back to school. he was quiet and kept his head down, but everyone noticed him. everyone whispered and laughed and when he went to his locker "freak" was written on it. he sighed and still went on with his day. it was miserable though. all day long, he was called names, things were thrown at him, and several people told him to kill himself. the only part that made his day was when rosie found him sulking in the janitor's closet during last period. his little sister always knew how to cheer him up.

"stop sulking, sam. is it because i don't like your green eggs and ham?" rosie asked with a big smile on her face.

"your doctor suess refrences get more annoying every time you take a breath." hamish said and looked up at his sister, smiling timidly. ham was a nickname she made up when they were little to make him mad, but now it was just something she called him on a regualr basis.

rosie inhaled annoyingly, making hamish laugh softly. she smiled and opened her lunch box, tossing a chocolate bar at her brother. "get in a better mood. you remind me too much of dad when you sulk."

hamish opened up the chocolate and broke off a piece, eating it. "i do take after him, especially the freak part."

"hey." rosie said flatly. "you're not a freak and neither is dad. you just have massive brains."

"and you and dad have massive hearts." hamish said and gave rosie a piece of the chocolate.

rosie smiled and took it. the bell rang and rosie stood up, flinging her book bag over her shoulder. "don't forget uncle greg is picking you up."