Chapter 3

The place was loud and was wall to wall covered with people.

"Sixty dollars," the bouncer said giving them the once over. It was crowded enough that Mackenzie understood why they would need at least some security. She handed him the money going through the doorway.

"Hey Noah," Mackenzie spotted him as soon as she walked in. He was walking from the living room to the basement, passing by her.

"Um hey Allison," Noah said barely looking at Mackenzie, his eye light up a second later when they land on Susan. "Hey Susan," Noah said stopping in front of her. Mackenzie gives a startled and disappointed look all at the same time. "Last weekend was fun," he step closer to Susan whispering in her ear. She giggled, blushed and then nodded at whatever he was whispering to her. "I'll see you later," Noah said giving her a kiss on the cheek before walking downstairs.

"Are you and Noah dating?" Mackenzie asked as soon as he was out of earshot.

"Just relax Mackenzie, we are just fucking," Susan said. "Let's go get some beer." She grabbed Bianca's hand leaving Mackenzie by herself, awkwardly standing in the door entry.

"Hey want a drink?" A guy said to the left of Mackenzie, she looked up to give him a smile. He was cute in a young guy way. His blond hair swooping in front of his dark blue eyes.

"I'll have a beer," Mackenzie said smiling.

"Come on it's a party, and one for the ages you can't just have a beer. Here have this," the boy handed her a bright pink drink. She takes a sip, vodka burning the back of her mouth.

"Gross," Mackenzie said, "what is that." The boy laughed surprised the girl doesn't know his fraternity signature drink.

"Pink panty droppers."

"Sounds gross as hell," he laughed, causing Mackenzie to smile.

"My name is Dean," he said putting his hand out.

"Mackenzie," she said shaking it.

"What brings you to a party like this?" Dean asked leaning against the wall. Mackenzie looked up at the boy. He was cute but he had that frat guy look to him. Khaki shorts, blue t-shirt on with an open pink button up shirt on top of it.

"Just trying to live a little," she said taking another swig of the pink drink. This time she tried to hide to disgust.

"Well you came to the right place, now have you ever played with a champion beer pong player?" He grabbed her hand leading her down to the basement. Girls and boys lined the railing making it difficult for them to to walk by, but they were finally able to merge into the basement which smelled horribly like vomit.

Mackenzie wrinkled her nose from the smell but continued onward with Dean. The basement wasn't small at all, there was a bar in one corner, a dance floor and stage in the middle, and a couple of beer pong tables on the other side right at the bottom of the stairs.

"We got next," Dean shouted at the table. Each side had ten red cups that were lined in a triangle each filled with beer making a splash every time a ping pong landed in them.

Right now two guys were holding the table. One of them looking very similar to Mackenzie's ex. The other being breathtakingly hot. He had a shaved head with little blonde hair sprouting through the top of it, hawkish deep blue eyes, and a lean muscled body. He made Dean look like a child compared to him. Both guys were the opposite of each other. The one that reminded her of her ex, had jet black hair, dark greens eyes, and a crooked smile. He was flirting with every girl in the room. Kissing a few of them, acting like he was king of the world. The hot one standing there with a bored look on his face stimulating that this was torture for him.