Chapter 6

"Come on, will you hurry up," Mackenzie said pulling on Matt's hand. It was New Year's Eve and somehow Mackenzie convinced Matt into going to the local club. It was nobody famous playing but they had a couple of the local Dj's playing and it was supposed to be a big party. Matt would only agree if Mackenzie promised to wear his colon and a mask. Even with the unfamiliar request, Mackenzie agreed. She loved Matt and his house was fun but she was dying to speak to somebody besides him and his mom. The dad still ignoring her presence.

"How do I look?" Mackenzie said. She was wearing a sexy outfit that she brought from college. It was a mix of purple and pink. Her tank top having a plunging neckline, and even with the snow, she opted to wear a black mini skirt, her black leather jacket keeping her warm. She loved the mask that Matt had picked. It was black laced and made her light blue eyes pop. She had contacts on so she didn't mind wearing the mask, it was almost like a costume to her. But the colon was probably the worst thing she has ever spelled. It was a mix of forest and what she believed was cow dung. A cruel practical joke on Matt's part she thought. But it was okay, she just wanted to dance not really pick up any guys. Expect maybe if the lake guy was there.

She doubted that she would even be able to pick out his face in a lineup, but she still couldn't stop reminiscing about her hero. As soon as she woke in the morning the day after she felt better, no longer drunk, and she was still confused on what he slipped her to help warm her up. Maybe a liquid cannabis, or a chemical to help with warmth. She asked Matt if he saw anything but he just shakes his head no. She also tried to Google it but her reception had been very spotty up here in the mountains. All she retained was that should couldn't help but have dirty dreams about the mysterious guy all week

"You look hot," Matt said throwing his arm over her shoulder. "What about me?"

"Hot as ever." She said. He was wearing black jeans and a tight black collared shirt to match. He added color with a sparkly purple tie, and he even went bold enough to wear a little eyeliner and mascara to help to make his green eyes pop.

"Why thank you, my lady," Matt said grabbing her hand and giving it a kiss. "Now promise you will be near me the whole time."

"I will dad, and I will also not talk to anybody. Now am I forgetting anything. Oh right to have fun." Mackenzie said sticking her tongue out at Matt.

"I'm just being careful," Matt said, they parked her car down the road. The closest parking spot a bit away from the club, meaning they had to walk a block in the snow. He didn't mind the weather, but he could see Mackenzie shivering slightly in the snow.

"Will you relax it is New Year's Eve, tonight is all about having a good time," Mackenzie said.

"Fine. Let's go in." They pre-bought their tickets so they didn't have to wait in line like the others. Which Mackenzie was grateful for.

The entrance to the venue was crowded. The coat room having a bit of a line, but the majority of people gathering around the bar.

"I'll grab drinks while you put up our coats?" Mackenzie said taking her coat off.

"No," Matt said looking around the room.

"I will be right there, not even that far from you. Like six feet." Matt does one more look around before he reluctantly nods his head.

She pushed her way to the front, pulling out her fake I.D and card.

"What would you like darling?" The bartender asked, not even bothering to check her I.D.

"Two beers please, um Blue Moon?" Mackenzie said. She didn't know that many specific beers, besides Blue Moon or Modelo. He nodded walking to go grab the two bottles.