Chapter 22

"Knock Knock," Mac said walking into the kitchen. She looked like her normal self but different. Her cut on the side of her neck was gone, her hair was short brown and her eyes were a mix of blue, green, and grey. Jason and John were sitting in the kitchen the newspaper shared between them.

"Mac," Jason said grabbing her in a hug. "I thought, we thought." He said.

"That I was dead?" Mac said.

"Yes," Jason said.

"Where have you been?" John asked also going in for a hug.

"At a hotel, I think. I don't really remember everything. What day is it.?" Mac said.

"It's Sunday, you were only gone for two days this time," Jason said clutching her for dear life.

"Where are Trent and Katie?" Mac asked she wiggled a bit and finally broke free of his grasp. This caused a small frown on his face, but she grabbed his hand and pulled him into the living room.

"They are in their room," Jason said. "Trent, Katie." He shouted over her shoulder.

"You could have mind linked them," Mac said. She walked over to the couch taking a seat in the middle so Jason could sit next to her. John was stuck in the doorway memorized by the way she walked it was almost like she was gliding across the floor.

"Mac," Trent said tackling her on the couch and Katie joined on dogpile a second later.

"I missed you guys," Mac said hugging them.

"We thought." Trent started.

"Yes you thought I was dead, but I'm alive, well kind of," Mac said.

"What do you mean by kind of?" John asked.

"Can't you smell it?" Mac said. She took a hesitate pause watching their bewildered faces when they gave the room a quick sniff.

"It's almost like a vanilla peary death smell. But not like rotten fruit." Trent said. "It's intriguing."

"Yes, it's a weird smell, and it's me," Mac said. "Guess who is a vampire now. I think." She threw her hands up in the air with sarcastic cheers.

"Interesting," Jason said.

"You can't be," John said.

"Awesome," Trent said.

"Sexy," Katie said earning a raised eyebrow from the group. "What vampires are hot, werewolves are hot and well look at her." She said gesturing to her.

"Best mate ever," Trent said, fist pumping the air.

"Well, I don't know how but I am," Mac answered.

"What about War?" Jason asked.

"She is still here and so is Vamp," Mac said. "And so am I, I guess. It's confusing but it is like there is a good angel on one side and an evil on the other, but she isn't that evil, she is just blunter and a little more violent. They are like separated from my thoughts almost like they are their own people, but are my guardian angels. It's weird." Mac said.

"No it is like our werewolves, they are a part of us, but we aren't them twenty-four seven. I get it." Jason said. "You just happen to be more attuned with your werewolf side and I guess now your vampire side as well."

"Maybe it is because you are an alpha," Katie said.

"Strange, but don't worry you will get used to it," John said. "I think." He mumbled to himself at the end. It went quite for a second all of them looking over Mac to see how much she has changed in just two days.