Chapter 39

"Mac, can we talk?" Jason asked meeting her at her locker.

"Can't have to get to class," Mac said closing her locker, but she put a little too much force into it and it slammed breaking off its hinges. Mac looked down at her hands surprised, she didn't mean to do that, she barely even touched it.

"What was that?" Jason asked.

"Nothing, just I think Vamp drank human blood for the first time last blood so I'm a little off," Mac said.

"Human blood?" Jason asked.

"Who drank human blood," Ethan said walking up.

"It is nothing, okay," Mac said walking away, she really did not want to talk to Jaso.

"Mac, come on," Jason said.

"Just give her time," Ethan said but he left to walk with Mac. "Are you sure you are okay?"

"Everybody has been asking me that all morning, I mean why do you think I left early?" Mac said.

"Fair enough," Ethan said glaring at Jason who was following them now. "But I meant about the whole human blood thing. What I have read about vampires they don't get super strong just like that." 

"Well I don't know what happen, It isn't like I have control of everything," Mac said.

"But you do have enough control to not talk to me," Jason replied, earning a look from both Ethan and Mac.

"Mac, can we talk?" Gage asked, Collin, following behind him.

"Of course," Mac said, she turned practically running over to Gage, she quickly waved at Ethan but ignored Jaso. Jason glared at him but turned walking to his class with Ethan. 

She looked over at him kind of surprised he was okay after scratching him yesterday, but then a flash of memory of him lying down his scar healed ran through her mind. She quickly shook her head brushing the day dream away.

"Thanks," Mac said, she didn't really want to talk but was happy to get away. She turned heading to history.

"No," Gage said stepping in front of her. "I mean, I am happy to help, but I actually did want to talk." He grabbed a bag handing it over.

"Here are some of Allen's stuff," He opened the bag. "You know if you just so happened to know where he was." Gage winked and smiled. Mac didn't smile and he could see the sadness in her eyes. "It is just some shirts, pants, boxers, and I also put in a couple of his favorite books."

"The Jittery Rabbit?" Mac asked pulling it out of the bag. It was a big book, but definitely a kids book.

"It's his favorite, be careful it is old," Gage said smiling at it. Mac nodded her head placing it back in the bag.

"I'll go put it in my car, you know if I ever see him. " Mac said.

"Here I'll help," Gage said, he grabbed the bag and walked with her to class, Collin didn't follow but headed to class himself. Mac walked in silence, she really didn't want to deal with people right now, she wanted to instead run around the forest. She woke up this morning physically feeling great, even though mentally she was sad.

"I'm sorry," Gage said, Mac looked up surprised. They had reached the parking lot and turned left walking towards her car. She woke up early asking Katie to borrow her car, she left by herself and parked in the back of the parking lot waiting last minute to go to class. She wished she had waited longer, but at last Jason was waiting for her at her locker.

"Sorry for what?" Mac asked.

"I said this would happen, but I didn't mean it like that. I actually did think you guys were mates." Gage said rambling on.