Chapter 47

"Okay, today is the day!" Chloe said excitedly. The last three weeks they have been training with the Nexuses pack but it hadn't been the same.

"What day?" Collin asked, but he knew what day it was as well. They have been counting it down for the last two weeks.

"Shut up," Chloe said, both were happy because this was the day Mac finally came back.

"Let's go," Chloe said running out of the living room.

"It is six in the morning and it is snowing out. The school won't even be open yet." Collin said, but he was putting on his jacket ready to head to the school early as well.

"Let's go," Chloe said pulling at his hand like a little kid wanting ice cream.

He followed her with a big smile on his face, he loved that smile on her face.

They waited an hour and then another. The pack wasn't there but school was about to start.

"Maybe we should ditch and just go over to the pack house," Chloe said.

"What are you waiting for?" Gage asked, Sandy behind him. Neither Collin or Chloe have talked to Gage that much within the last three weeks.

"Today is the day!" Chloe said bouncing where she was standing. She was cold but she just couldn't wait to see Mac she missed her.

"What day?" Sandy sneered out, but nobody was listening watching the black SUV and Katie's little Honda drive up together.

Chloe couldn't help but run over excited but she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the looks on their faces.

"Where is she?" Chloe asked, but they just shook their heads. "But you said..." she screamed the last part out, angry that Mac was still gone.

"Chloe," Collin said grabbing her and pulling her against her chest.

"This is all your fault," Katie said coming up and pushing Gage.

"What?" Gage said but he didn't fight back, he felt lost all month and maybe it was because of this.

"Gage didn't do anything," Sandy said. "Are you sure the whore didn't just run away. I mean nobody really wanted the human here anyway." Everybody turned glaring at her.

"Say that again?" Maddy said. They were kind of surprised, They knew she really wasn't a big fan of Mac due to her history with Jason. So for her to get angry about this was surprising.

"Your whore human is gone and it is a good thing," Sandy said.

Katie lunged tackling her to the ground, her fist slammed into Sandy's nose with enough force that her head bounced off the cement. Nobody moved, not even Gage all of them surprised.

"Say that again, please," Katie said her fist raised but Sandy wasn't saying anything just cowering in fear.

"Get off of her," Gage said, he took a step forward but Trent and the rest of the group growled making him stop in his place.

"I think you might want to get off of her now," Collin said slowly taking a step forward. Nobody growled at him when he went over to help her get up.

"Gage, how could you," Sandy said getting up.

"I....I...." Gage said but he really couldn't think of a reason of why he didn't protect her. His wolf should've automatically attacked anybody who resembled a threat, and yet he just stood there.

"Look we all need to calm down, Mac wouldn't want any of this," Jason said.

"She wouldn't," Ethan said.

"But she isn't here," Chloe whimpered.

"Not yet, she will be soon though. Don't worry." Trent said gently putting his hand on her shoulder.

"What if...what if she is dead?" Collin asked.

"We will feel it, all of us. Including you." John said touching his heart, "she is alive, don't worry."

"How can we not worry?" Collin asked.

"Because we can't do anything else," Jason said turning to lead the group inside.

"There has to be something we can do," Collin said.

"I'll have the pack look for her," Gage said.

"No you won't, your dad will never allow that," Sandy said.

"Well it is a good thing I am Alpha of the pack and he isn't anymore," Gage said. Sandy just stood there shocked, Gage has never stood up to her father and this is the reason he chose too. "Collin, round up everybody, Matt, Derrick, Jim, and everybody else. We will find her." Gage said.