Chapter 71

Mac wasn't allowed to leave the bed, but Gage did have to go. Derrick showed up at Mac's pack door and got the crap beaten out of him before he even said hi. But in reality, was wanting Gage back because he had no clue what to do. Gage was saying no at first, but Mac being logical told him to go back to his pack they need his help. He left and hadn't been back since.

"Knock, Knock," Collin said coming into Mac's room unannounced.

"What brings you to the magical world of Mac's room?" Mac asked setting her book down. Collin could briefly see the title, the Black Alpha.

"I have something for you." Collin said, "But it is hard to explain what it is and why you should wear it all the time. I don't really know completely myself." Collin brings the chain out from behind his back.

"Let me see that," Mac said grabbing the chain, it glowed a bit under her fingers.

"That's weird," Collin said, looking at the now shiny chain.

"Is it supposed to do that?" Mac asked.

"I don't know, it didn't do it for me," Collin said looking closer at the chain. "But you do have to wear it."

"You know you make no sense, but It does go with this pendant," Mac said, bringing the black stone forward.

"It does," Collin said. Mac puts the chain through the pendant throwing both on again. "Beautiful," Collin said smiling at Mac, the glow still coming off the chain.

"Knock, knock," Jason said entering the room.

"You know that isn't actually knocking," Mac said. Behind Jason followed the rest of her original pack.

"I think it works," Jason said. "Plus I brought movies."

"Zane is gone and the only bitch left is Sandy and she isn't a threat. So let's have some fun. We would throw a party but you can barely move so movies." John said. Mac had yet to tell them about the leader and the assistant they have yet to find. Another problem for another day, she thought.

"Isn't life great, stress-free," Trent said jumping on the bed next to Mac. "Oh and Mac." Mac turns her head receiving a kiss from Trent.

"What the hell Trent?" Mac screams, her and Katie both slap the back of his head.

"Tradition," Trent said.