Chapter 26

Both Ethan and Justin fit in great with the group. Right away they were laughing, creating inside jokes, and even crashing most night at the group house. Mac finally decided to call a contractor over to build a giant addition, this way everybody could finally get their own room. It was going to take a little over a month, but she paid extra to try to get as soon as possible.

So far she was enjoying wolf school. It had only been a week, but she like the routine, the lessons, and the time she got to spend with her pack. Thankfully Gage, Matt, and their friends have been leaving her alone during most classes. It was weird Gage was in about three of six classes, and she was even surprised to find Dean her old kind of boyfriend in one of them as well. The first time she saw him she smiled, it felt like a lifetime ago that she was dating him. He was still with the girl from the concert and Mac couldn't help but giggle. Of course, they were mates if only she knew back then.

"I am so sore," Ethan said stretching out his arms. "I kind of hate you so much right now." He said looking up at Mac. She had taken to eating on top of the table with her her legs hanging off the side.

"No, you don't," Mac said with a smile. She grabbed her drink taking a swig from it. Her body froze in shock, she could feel slimy pasta run down the back of her shirt slowly falling down on the table.

"Who the fuck did that?" Mac said looking around, her eyes catch Gage's who is laughing at her expression.

"Sorry, I was aiming for the trash," Gage said, he gave a quick shrug. "Guess I got it." Her eyes went pure black, hatred seeping out of her. She quickly closed her eyes taking a deep breath, her eyes were white again, but the middle was pure black. She could barely keep Vamp at bay. She lowered her sunglasses jumping off the table and walking towards Gage. The whole cafeteria had gone silent, watching her glide across the floor towards him.

Please don't kill him. Jason thinks, but she ignores him.

"Aren't you hilarious, did you come up with that one on you own or did you need help from a friend once again," Mac said gesturing to Collin and Matt.

"I don't need their help when it comes to you," Gage said. At this point, they were nose to nose with each other. Normally Mac would be able an inch or two shorter than him but she had her boots on giving her a couple of inches.

"Oh, I think you do, because you are way to stupid to come up with that on your own," Mac said.

"Really, let's see," Gage said, he grabbed his water bottle pouring it down on her head. She just stood there letting it fall. She could hear a growl echo from her group, but she knew they wouldn't do anything unless she did.

"An eight-year-old could come up with that," Mac said spitting the water that got into her mouth at him.

His face flinches but the rest of his body didn't move.

"Now this is the second shirt that you have gotten wet, not to mention ruined with your disgusting lunch," Mac said.

"So?" Gage said.

"So you owe me your shirt," Mac said getting closer to him, he leaned back as much as he could, the table stopping him from walking back.

"I'm not giving you my shirt," Gage said

"Fine," Mac said, she then gently placed her hand on the top of his V-neck, bringing her clawed fingered down slicing the shirt in half. "You ruined mine, only fair if I ruin yours." She said with a smirk. She quickly breathed in and was pleasantly surprised to smell minty freshness reach her nose. She quickly shook her head getting the thought out of her mind.

"How did you..." Gage asked looking down at his shirt but only seeing her human nails. Mac stood up giving him an all knowing smile.

"I may be human, but I have claws and a bark to match," Mac said. She turned towards Collin. "Shirt." Mac barked, he quickly flinches but hands over his shirt in a jiffy.