Chapter 30

"How are you feeling today?" Trent asked he was making breakfast for the whole group, eggs, and bacon.

"Good, Vamp is definitely feeling better, even a little energized." Mac said, " or maybe that is the full moon affecting her."

"Maybe both," Trent said placing some eggs on her plate.

"I think Vamp was attacked though," Mac said taking a seat on the table.

"Are you okay?" Jason said walking into the living room.

"Yes, I'm fine. Well, no new scars on my body at least." Mac joked neither Jason nor Trent laughed. "It's just I remember feeling my body jolt and then hearing what I think was a growl and I'm not sure what happened after that. It was weird, but it smelled amazing." Mac said, her eyes lighting up.

"Smelled amazing?" Jason asked.

"Yes like a fresh forest with new cut grass smell, and even a pinch of minty freshness," Mac said. Both Jason and Trent were giving her a weird look so she ducked into her eggs not looking up until after she finished eating.

"Time to go," John said with the others following except Justin he was still in the bathroom. They all grabbed some pieces of bacon while heading to the SUV and Ethan's car. Now that there was so many of them they had to take two cars, Ethan also had a large car so they took that one cause they had more room.

"I could drive today," Jason said.

"Oh please you are the slowest driver ever, my grandma drives faster than you," Mac said sticking out her tongue.

"You are so cute when you do that," Jason said, tapping his finger on her nose.

"I am not cute I am ferocious. Rawr," Mac said fake growling a blush rising on her cheeks.

"You know the full moon is tonight," Jason said.

"Yes and thankfully the cage was completed last week, so hopefully it should contain me tonight," Mac said.

"What cage?" Justin said joining them.

"The cage to my heart," Jason said earning a strange look from Mac and Justin.

"Gross," Justin said.

"Second that," Mac said walking over to the driver's side.

It was a quick drive, but Jason insisted on holding Mac's hand the whole time. She didn't mind, until it came to turns, that is when it became a bit annoying. They were taking things slow, but Mac didn't mind, she really liked him.

"Well, let's see if it really worked," Brad said getting out of the car. He was referring to the bet from yesterday, nobody can talk to them unless they spoke first.

"Here's hoping," Mac said getting out of the car. Jason waited for her to get around, throwing his arm over her shoulder. She grabbed his hand interlacing her fingers.

They did follow the bet, everybody in Gage's group was ignoring her, but in a good way.They would even get out of the way as they walked down the halls.

"Isn't it great?" Susie said jumping up and down. Alpha's Brett's pack still stared but they weren't harassing them as much as Gage's pack was.

"This is going to make life much easier," Ethan said.

"What are you talking about, they barely did anything to us. It was all to Mac." Jason said giving her hand a squeeze.

"With my life being easier, means your life is easier," Mac said. "Now off to class." She gives them a quick push, and Jason gives her a peck on the cheek that makes Mac's cheeks light up.