Chapter 63

"Why are we doing this in person?" Jason asked. He fixed his tie not liking how tight it was around his neck. He looked up at the green door before pressing the doorbell. He turned to Mac surprised to see a smile playing at her lips. It wasn't her sweet smile, but more of a dark one, sinister. "Mac?" He pulled his coat a little closer, the rain was picking up and so was the wind. Mac didn't seem to notice though, her skirt just bustling in the wind.

She didn't respond, just waited for the door to open.

"Mackenzie?" A girl said half closing the door behind her to hide Mac from anybody looking that way.

"Jazmine?" Mac asked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same thing, I told you to leave, run to another state."

"I did, I live in Idaho right now," Mac said.

"I meant don't ever come back, you need to leave now," Jazmine said but was cut off by somebody behind her.

"Jazmine who is here?" An all too familiar voice echoed.

"Michelle it has been awhile," Mac said pushing past Jazmine. Michelle just stood still, her eyes wide.

"You, I thought you...." Michelle started to say.

"Died?" Mac finished for her receiving a small nod from Michelle."I'm surprised Derrick and Sandy didn't tell you, I'm their classmate. Well I was, had to drop out. Got very busy with life that is," Mac said.

A loud crash echoed through the room, they all turn to see a turkey dinner splattered on the floor with broken glass surrounding it.

"Mac," Gage said standing over the turkey. He didn't move just stared at her in wonderment.

"Gage it has been awhile," Mac said acknowledging him even when she didn't want to.

He stepped over the turkey running over to her. He didn't hesitate to pull her into a hug, nuzzling into her neck. Mac hesitated at first before hugging him back.

"I thought....I thought I killed you," Gage whispered into her ear.

"Oh Gage, don't you know. Nothing can kill me," Mac whispered back. A scream echoed through the living room.

"What the fuck," Jason said glaring at Sandy. He had his hand covering his ears. Mac took a step back from Gage and his eyes dropped with disappointment.

"You," Sandy said marching over. "I thought you were dead."

"Why did everybody think I was dead?" Mac said turning to Jason.

"Um, it wasn't like I told them you were dead. Um, but I also didn't tell them that you weren't dead," Jason said shrugging.

"Okay," Mac said giving him a quizzical look. 

"What are you doing here?" Michelle sneered out.

"We are here to talk about the treaty," Mac said pulling the paperwork out from underneath her coat. "But I do see you are having dinner so I will just leave you this to look it over," Mac said handing the paperwork to Gage.

"Wait no," Gage said grabbing her hand, he looked down at it for a moment smiling. She didn't smile though, the tingles barely recognizable. "Won't you stay, we have more than enough for you two."

"No," Jason said the same time as Mac said "yes." He gave her a bewildered look but followed her into the dining room.

"Here," Gage said pulling out a chair next to the head of the table.

"Thanks, baby," Sandy said walking over to the seat.

"No, this is for Mac," Gage said. Mac shot her a smile before gracefully sitting down. Jason sitting on her right side. Gage just sat at the head of the table, looking over at Mac.