Chapter 36

"Hey, cutie," Mac said grabbing Jason from behind. He was making breakfast for the whole group before school.

"Hey, pumpkin," Jason said, he turned around and she planted a kiss on his lips.

"Please no," Ethan said walking into the kitchen in pajama pants and no shirt on.

"Nice," Mac said checking him out. Jason growled, jealous of Mac hitting on him. "Just saying that he is in shape," Mac said but gave a joking wink towards Ethan behind Jason's back. Ethan started laughing grabbing some eggs. He bit into it scrunching up his face.

"What don't like them?" Jason asked.

"They are good, just not as good as Trent's," Ethan replied.

"He is a professional," Mac said.

"Feeling the love," Jason stated.

"You should be feeling a lot of love," Mac said, she went on her toes grabbing his face and kissing him.

"If you want my breakfast to come, then please continue," Ethan said.

"Look away," Mac said before she leaned in for another kiss.

"Aw gross," Trent said walking into the kitchen fully dressed.

"Aw so cute." Katie and Susie gushed also walking in. Mac broke away her cheeks scarlet red.

"It isn't gross, you and Katie do it all the time," Susie said. Mac stuck her tongue out happy Susie brought up that point. She started to walk over the table tripping, the plate crashing to the floor. 

"You know for a vampire you sure are clumsy," Ethan said. 

"Sorry," Mac said cleaning up the mess.

"Here," Jason said handing her another plate.

Allen walked into the kitchen everybody stopping to stare at him. He didn't meet the whole group the other night just a few in the old kitchen. 

"Everybody this is Allen," Mac said she raced over to the other side of the kitchen throwing her arm over him gently so she wouldn't scare him. The rest of the grouped walked in mutter a morning to him as well as the others.

"He is going to be staying with us for awhile, maybe forever," Mac said shrugging her shoulders.

"What?" Allen said.

"Only if you want to, look I know you are in a bad situation that you have no control over, but I am more than happy to help. I was in a situation a lot like yours and I just want to make sure you are safe okay?" Mac said. Allen nodded smiling for the first time in a really long time.

"Thank you," Allen mumbled.

"You don't have to thank me, but I will be staying home with you today to make sure you are feeling comfortable and that there are no unwanted visitors."

"No, you are going to school, I'll stay home and so will John and we will watch over him, plus maybe take him shopping because his clothes are way too big," Jason said.

"I can watch him," Mac said.

"No you can't, you have missed too much school as it is," John said. Mac bites her lip, knowing that they were right.

"Fine, but make sure to keep an eye on him at all times," Mac said.

"Don't worry Black Moon pack won't be around, none of them live in Idaho," Allen said.

"That's good," Mac said. "Still maybe Trent will you stay home as well?"

"Don't have to ask me twice," Trent said.

"Why don't I get asked to stay home?" Justin said.

"Because you can't fight like him," Mac said. Justin pouted while taking a large bite of his breakfast. "Now those of you who are going to school we have ten minutes before we leave. Hurry up." Her look was pointed towards Ethan who slowly got up, stuck out his tongue, and headed to his room to change. "Now how am I supposed to enjoy the school day with you here?" Mac asked she went over to Jason grabbing his hand.

"I don't know, maybe you can try not to get in a fight for once," Jason said.

"Speaking of fights, way to have my back yesterday," Mac said.

"Uh-oh, they are about to fight, time to move," Trent said grabbing his plate and heading into the living room, those who were left in the kitchen followed him out.

"I didn't want you getting in a fight yesterday, so no I didn't join in," Jason said.

"Jason, how could I let them beat that kid. Did you hear him? He lived the same life I lived except for much longer and you expect me to not fight for him." Mac said.

"You didn't know that was the case when you started the fight," Jason said raising his voice.

"It doesn't matter, I will help anybody who can't save themselves," Mac raised her voice as well.

"If they notice how you fought they might put two and two together and then what?" Jason said. "I'm am worried about you."

"Don't be, I am fine, and before you started dating me you knew what I did," Mac said.

"I know," Jason said defeated. "It's just, I can't imagine you getting hurt."

"Jason." Mac sighed out. "With my life, it is impossible to not get hurt." She laughed a little at the end and he joined in.

"I love you, I just want to protect you," Jason said.

"I love you too," Mac said, she wrapped her arms around his neck giving him a kiss on the lips.

"If we don't leave now we are going to be late," Ethan said walking in fully dressed now.

"Tonight, we will have a proper date our first date," Jason said. "Everything will be perfect."

"Okay perfect," Mac said, she gently laid her hand on his chest giving him a small peck on the lips. "Bye boys," Mac shouted into the house towards Jason, Trent, John, and Allen.