Chapter 70

It had been a week and everybody was on their toes, none of them leaving Mac's bedside longer than for a bathroom break or chores. Allen had left but only to visit Gage.

"He is better," Allen said, grabbing his usual seat in Mac's room.

"Awesome for Gage, while Mac here has still not woken up since the forest," Ethan said, he had barely torn his eyes away from Mac's body. It was fragile, them having to drop blood into her mouth. It was just deer blood now, not being able to get any more of Gage's. Cooper was resting on the bed, his arm stroking Mac's. He did the hunting every day to make sure it was fresh.

"This isn't healthy," Jason said, the room looking at him. He hadn't spoken since the forest. "She wouldn't want this. She is alive and we need to continue with our lives." Jason stands up leaving the room Maddy following him.

"He's right," John said taking Jazz with him. Slowly everybody starting leaving the room. Cooper left placing a kiss on Mac's lips before leaving. Ethan was the last to leave.

"Please get better," Ethan said placing a kiss on Mac's head.

"Gage," Mac whispered. Ethan stands up surprised.

"Mac it is me, Ethan," Ethan said, taking hold of her hand.

"Ethan," Mac said, she opens her eyes a bit but a scream runs through her.

"What's wrong," Ethan shouts. He could see her body trembling.

"War, she needs to heal," Mac said, biting her lip to stop screaming. "She needs her mate," Mac said, she keeps trembling feeling the pain that War feels all the silver in her body finally hurting her. Ethan stays with her until she falls back asleep. He runs down the stairs taking two at a time.

"Where are you going?" Jason asked, but Ethan doesn't answer just barges by him,

 He shifts knowing his wolf was faster, sprinting to Gage's pack house. It was just like he remembered, a nice comfy place with a huge field surrounding it. He shifted when he reached the house throwing the door open.

"Gage," He shouted not bothering to knock, he was completely naked in the living room.

"What are you doing here? And naked?" Michelle asked startled. 

"Where is Gage?" Ethan asked, he could see the resemblance to Sandy and knew right away who this woman was.

"I'm not going to answer that, and I would prefer if you leave," Michelle answered, Victor coming up behind her.

"I'm not asking, I'm ordering," Ethan said. The two-step back surprised by his Alpha tone.

"Upstairs," Michelle finally broke. Ethan shoved them out of the way, heading upstairs to find Gage.

He walked slowly trying to hear for Gage, he picked up a small voice.

"Sandy, I'm healing not now," Gage said.

"You never want to do anything fun," Sandy whine, Ethan can hear the pout from the hallway.

"I'm tired," Gage said.

"You are always tired," Sandy said. Ethan finds the door, throwing it open.

"Ethan?" Gage asked startled but quickly recovered. "It's Mac, what's wrong?" Gage had jumped out of bed only having his black sweatpants on.

"It's hard to explain but she needs you," Ethan said. Gage started to walk to the door.

"Gage, I thought you were tired," Sandy said standing in Gage's way. Gage doesn't even think about it, he shoved Sandy to the side rushing down the stairs. Michelle and Victor both standing in his way.