Chapter 8

"Come on." Mackenzie couldn't make it down the stairs without too much pain so she fell asleep at the top of the stairs. She could just barely see Jasmine in front of her jolting her awake.

"You need to run," Jasmine said, trying to lift her up.

"I think my leg is broken and I can't see that well without my glasses," Mackenzie said, she felt a bit better than earlier but she could barely move her leg. It was numb now, almost like it wasn't part of her body.

"It will be a lot worst if you don't run," Jasmine said. "Come on." She lifted her up, all of Mackenzie's weight on her.

"Here," Mackenzie said seeing a cane against the door. It was pure metal, a wolf's head at the top of it. She grabbed it putting part of her weight on it to balance it. Her leg came back to life, but not in a good way. She bit down on her lip to muffle in her scream, the taste of copper and iron reaching the tip of her tongue.

"Come on," Jasmine said forcing Mackenzie out of the basement door. She stumbled but caught herself. Her leg was on fire, but Jasmine was right she needed to leave as soon as possible.

They slowly crept to the front door, Jasmine pulled it open, just enough for them to sneak through to the porch."I recommend going to the left there is a stream there that will help cover your scent. As soon as you can leave Montana. They won't stop looking for you until you do."

"The stream?" Mackenzie said resting against the wall. It was easily below 10 degrees and this crazy girl was talking about getting wet.

"It is the only way to lose your scent, I would come with you but they would be able to track me from miles away," Jasmine said.

"What do you think you are doing?" A guy's voice said from inside. Jasmine froze, staring at Mackenzie. They weren't quiet enough. "Mackenzie, what were you thinking?" Derrick said stepping out of the doorway and shoving Jasmine out of the way.

"So you recognize me?" Mackenzie said glaring at him.

"You have an interesting scent, I can't help but memorize it. I remember it from the party."

"Let her go, Derrick," Jasmine said pulling at his arm.

"No can do, you see I can't touch you at school. A stupid rule was passed about humans after that party, but we aren't at school and nobody but you, my family, and I will know you are here. So I can touch you all I want." He stepped closer, his breath hot on her throat, Jasmine still pulled against his arm. He pressed Mackenzie against the wall. She could feel every part of him against her, even his hard on pressed against her thigh. She took a deep gulp of disgust and shivered with fright.

"Derrick," Jasmine said pulling against the back of his shirt. She wasn't bothering to be quiet anymore. She would rather deal with her parents than let Derrick continue.

"Stop it bitch." He said shoving Jasmine to the ground. Mackenzie took it as her moment to bring up the cane and smacked Derrick right in the face.

"Get the fuck off of me," Mackenzie said, she brought it up again and again until he took a few steps aways from her. She knew this wasn't a fair fight, she could barely stand and even if she could she was weaker. But she wasn't just going to give in.

"Bitch," Derrick said, he felt the cane hit against his nose, blood oozing out. He grabbed for it, yanking it out of her hand. The force made her crash to the floor. "I'm going to enjoy this," Derrick said stepping over her. He brings the cane up smacking it against her head. Her head bounced off the porch but she was still awake. He picked her up and threw her off the porch, the snow catching her fall so it wasn't too rough, but she could still feel a jolt of pain coursed through her body. He jumped after her, a shiver running through the air. When Mackenzie looked up a giant brown wolf was snarling at her. She blinked a couple of times confused on what was going on. The wolf bit into her arm and she screamed in pain, thrashing to get away, but it only made him dig his teeth in deeper.

"Derrick" Jasmine screeched from the porch.

"What are you doing?" Victor said he was watching ever since the first hit the girl landed. He was disgusted, his son was letting a human girl beat him. The wolf turned towards the door staring up at Victor. Mackenzie felt the shiver again and looked up to see a naked Derrick in front her. She blinked a couple times, she didn't understand what was going on and the pain in her arm was becoming too much, she just wanted the pain to stop.

"She was trying to run away, Jasmine was helping her," Derrick said. He was staring at Mackenzie, blood covered her face, a scratch across her forehead where he hit her with the cane, the snow around her arm turning a dark red. He watched as she blinked a couple of times but closed her eyes, almost like she was sleeping. The image of Snowwhite came to mind, she was his favorite princess.

"I don't care what Jasmine was doing." He jumped over the porch railings landing in front of Derrick. "Jasmine put the girl in the basement and this time lock it. If you do try to help her escape again it will be you down there instead." Victor barked at Jasmine not losing eye contact with Derrick. Jasmine nodded eagerly, she wiped the tears away thinking of the last time she was down there for a week. It was cold, dark, and so lonely. She never wanted to go back. She pulled Mackenzie by the feet around Victor and Derrick back into the house, trying to be as gentle as possible, especially when it came to the stairs.  "I was asking why you are so pathetic?" Victor barked in Derrick's face.

"I stopped them," Derrick whined out.

"You stopped a human girl that has half her body crushed by a car accident not even 12 hours ago. You are right I should announce what an accomplishment my son is. Should I also announce that she got the better of you and broke your nose? What a proud moment for this family." Victor said.

"Dad," Derrick said looking at the ground.

"Don't, you are a pathetic use of a son, can't even beat a human girl in human form, or in wolf form. Pathetic." He said he shaking his head walking into the house.

"Don't worry dad I will do better," Derrick called up the stairs to his dad. "I'll prove him I can beat that bitch" Derrick said heading back to his room.