Chapter 10

She tried for months to find any information she could about the necklace, werewolves, and whatever else she could think of that would be helpful. 

For the necklace,  there wasn't one book in the house that mentioned it or what kind of magic came from it. Well, there was a children's book that mentioned it but she doubted it was related. She tried to find it and steal it but Sandy was determined to wear it every day and Mackenzie was not chancing the thrashing that would come if she was to rip it off of her.

She was having better luck with understanding the world that she was brought into. She would sneak into the office and steal books on a nightly base. The walls were lined with them, all about the different creatures out there in the world. She has studied about witches, vampires, shifters, hunters, and so much more. She learned that silver burned werewolves, and for weeks she tried to find one thing silver, anything silver. But even she knew that chances were slim, a werewolf house will make sure not to keep any of that around. But she was still fascinated, Harry Potter wasn't just a fantasy these creatures were real life. But even with all this reading she still didn't know how to defeat them. 

During the last few months, Victor has increased her role as the training dummy. Every day for two hours she would take every hit, bite, and tackle. Apparently, at Sandy's grand half birthday, the alpha announced that at his son's twenty-first birthday anybody strong enough will take the role as Alpha, challenging not only his son but every male in the pack. The winner of the fight becoming the new Alpha. 

But dealing with training sessions was all worth it because tonight all of the family will be out supporting Derrick in the fight. They will be gone for hours and will come back to find her missing.

"Alright, wait thirty minutes and then take the back door. Now run that way for about an hour and a half and from there you will find a river. Thankfully it is summer so it won't be too cold, but it is still night time so there will be a chill to it. Let the river take you for as long as you can stand it if you reach a lake then perfect. Try to cross the lake and a small little town of humans live there. From there do whatever you can to get the hell of this state." Jasmine said they were down in the basement sitting in the dark whispering to each other.

"Jasmine hurry up." They heard Michelle shout from upstairs.

"Good luck, and here's to never seeing you again," Jasmine said giving Mackenzie a hug. With her, at the tournament, they couldn't blame her for Mackenzie's escape. Nobody dies, nobody gets beaten, and finally, Mackenzie will be free.

"Thank you for everything," Mackenzie said, she let the tear fall down her cheek but for the first time in a long time, it was a tear of joy. "Bye," Mackenzie whispered as she watched Jasmine run up the stairs. She could hear them lock her basement door but she prepared for that. When she had a moment this morning she loosened the door on its hinges, so all she had to do was give it a mighty pull. She could hear the front door lock and she started to count. She counted to over 5000 before she ran up the stairs and with an easy pull the door falls to the ground. She doesn't care about the crashing noise just jumped over it to the back door. She wasn't prepared for it to be locked. Jasmine was supposed to unlock it before she left. Maybe she forgot or the parents went around and relocked all the doors. She threw her body at it but it wouldn't budge, and as she knew from past experience she wouldn't be able to take it down. It's alright though she had a plan B. She ran up the stairs into the office. Every night she would sneak into here looking for books, but tonight she was looking out the window.

The office was huge with books lining the walls, a giant desk in the middle with a desktop, and a giant chair. She ignored every thought but the window. It was big, taking up most of the wall, the view was beautiful. You could see the forest surrounding the house, the flowers blooming in the moonlight, and millions of stars in the sky. This house was truly was in the middle of nowhere.