Chapter 59

"Are you not going back to school," Jason asked. They stayed home grabbing lunch, but as he rose to go back to his last classes, she started to head towards the back door for a run.

"No, I don't want to deal with...." the name Gage played at her lips, "all the people. I need to think about everything and War hasn't been on a run for weeks now."

"Okay," Jason said with a sigh.

"Don't talk to the group until I have time to explain everything to them," Mac said, Jason, nodded.

"Don't go near the lake," Jason said.

"Sure, I'll stay more towards the meadows," Mac said, she turned heading out.

"Wait my car is back at school, how do...." in a blink of an eye he was back in the men's bathroom. He saw that his forgotten backpack still laid next to the sink. "I hate when she does that," Jason said to himself.

"Hate when who does what?" Gage said coming out of a stall.

"Um, nothing, just trouble with the misses," Jason said grabbing his bag.

Gage just stared at him for a moment, "Have you seen Mac?"

"Why?" Jason asked.

"I just need to talk to her," Gage said.

"Well, she went home for the day. Not feeling well," Jason said. "She'll be back tomorrow."

"Okay," Gage said walking up to the sink to wash his hands. Jason just nodded and headed out of the bathroom.

She was rolling around in the meadows, snowed covered the ground but with all of her fur, she barely noticed it. It was a particularly warm day for winter, the sun was high in the sky and the snow was slowly melting underneath her. She heard a crack to the side and jolted up only to stare into dark brown eyes.

A deer laid at the outskirt of the forest. It was looking up at War, ready to run. War let out a loud howl before taking off. The deer taking off a second later.

She wasn't planning on killing it, just wanted to chase it. It went right, she went right, she wasn't at her full pace otherwise she would've caught it with in seconds, instead she was at half paced nipping at its heels, still too weak to fully run. It was about an hour of her chasing the deer before she started to grow tired and bored. The deer jumped over a log, racing across an empty area. War took a lunge over the log, plopping onto the ground. A giant cracking sound echoed through the forest and a second later water enveloped her. She didn't panic, worse comes to worse she would just teleport out. But what made her stop was the sight of a giant black werewolf staring down at her. It growled before lunging into the river after her. She didn't fight him when he grabbed the extra fur around her neck, paddling towards the edge of the lake.

He pulled her up onto land, snow covering both of them, if either of them were human they would be freezing. He shook out his fur, half drying off. He then leaned over licking her face, she felt the heat of tingles erupt on her cheek. She didn't transform, not wanting Gage to figure it out.

He howled when she didn't move, just her head resting on her paws. Part of her wanted him to leave, the other part wanted him to stay, so she just stayed still.

He howled again and she rose, shaking off the water from her fur. She decided to leave, she headed to the left avoiding the river. She didn't realize how far she had gone, clearly in Gage's territory now.

He howled at her before jumping in front of her path. She tried to sidestep him, but he growled. It wasn't a threatening growl, more of a don't leave growl.